• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Slickroof '02

XAVMECH

Price: $16950

Description:

Built in November 1972, and delivered in Anthens, Greece in December, this US Spec 2002 has been with me for two and a half years now. It has spent the preceding 20+ years in California. This car is my third 2002, and has been a joy to drive. As with most of these cars, it is continuously evolving, and many parts come with the car at the offered price. It is originally a Malaga/Black combination, which is currently being converted to a Tan interior, with E21 Recaros up front.

The original engine was rebuilt many years back and now sends power through a 5spd conversion done by Top End Performance (formerly in Hollywood). The engine has Pertronix ignition and a Weber 38/38 downdraft carburetor. A header and IE exhaust are also installed.  Plenty of suspension changes and the TEP front strut brace is paired with TEP's rear shock tower brace and rear battery conversion.  13-inch Ronal Kleeblatts are installed (some pics show bottle caps).

This isn't a show car by any means, but neither do I use it as a daily driver.  It is very presentable and people seem expound on their 2002 experiences from the 70's when they see this car around town or at events.  I have a lot of parts gathered for future work, but I unexpectedly came into a bit of a unicorn acquisition the other day that I need to make room for.  So, I'd like to see Greta go to a loving home and being enjoyed by another enthusiast.

I am going to gather up a detailed list of specifications, and parts that can go with the car as a package.  I will be happy to email that to any interested parties.

$16950, with spares. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by XAVMECH
Price correction
  • Like 2

Thanks for your comments. I will miss this old beauty, for sure. It never failed to put a smile on my face when I've driven it.  It sounds wonderful, and there's a pair of 40 DCOE's that I've been kitting-up to install that go with it if someone buys it with the spares.  Offering this car for sale wasn't something I'd planned, but the other opportunity that arose prompts me to do so.  I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow of the "new" interior, trunk, and engine compartment.  It would please me very much to see this car go to a fellow enthusiast from this Forum, as FAQ and its members have been great to work with!  

image.jpeg

Surrey isn't that far away.  Come on down :-)

I'm not looking to set a new record in '02 pricing, and hope to sell it here rather than EBay or BAT. My price is more than fair, especially given the spares.  My main endeavor is to place this beauty in a good home and make room for what's coming next :-)

I haven't had the opportunity to finish installing the interior.  There are tan rear side panels and freshly made tan door cards. My upholstery guy got a little carried away this past summer and recovered the floor panels in vinyl that matches the interior (all I really wanted was a carpet made for the trunk).

I'll get some detailed pics of the trunk area below the floorboards and back seat area, without the seats installed.  This is an extremely solid car with no rust issues (which I owe to it being a non-sunroof car).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a couple more details - I picked up the Certificate for this car last year when I visited the factory in Munich.  I'm posting here as I failed to previously list the SN of the car.  Also, for people who care about such things: I have absolutely no clue as to the true mileage, or how many owners over these past 45 years :-) 

I do have a binder of receipts and other documents that pretty well charts its course over the past 20+ years, though.  I'd love to know where she's gone in those first 20 + years since leaving Anthens...

image.jpeg