• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Sad day. pets etc.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Put our 9 y/o cat down. you may remember me bitching about using "shop money" to pay vet bills... it was worth every penny for those extra 7 months. Sure will miss the little shit. he went easy an all, but it still sucks.

Guest Anonymous

when I had to put down Charley, my beloved American Staffordshire Terrier of 15 years...I cried like a baby for weeks and sometimes still do when I look at his pictures or remember how he used to prick his ears up, rotate his head and furrow his brow when I reached into my pocket for a chewy...All I can say is that it gets better...be strong!

Guest Anonymous

...three days before our wedding in Sept 2002. He was the neighborhood stray that we befriended and took to the vet to get healthy after we moved in (rental house). Jeeves had been out and about in that rural area on his own for more than a decade after being abandoned by folks who used to live there. Great cat! Renal failure did him in. That was a tough one...but better than slowly dying in the woods. He's buried at my in-laws' farm with all the other family pets...even though he was "ours" for only a year or so.

We've now got two cats of our own at our new house...it's amazing how quickly they become a key part of your life...even though they're annoying. ;-)

Tim

'76 2002

'04 Golf

'03 kittens (x2)

Guest Anonymous

had to put down both of his cats on monday. one of them was 17!! she

had all kinds of problems and could barely walk. the other guy wasn't

quite as bad off but probably wouldn't have lasted long without her

around anyway.

i dread the day. we have four of the little bastards and a dog. and on

top of it, i'll have to explain it to one or both of my sons.

Guest Anonymous

Was when we had to put our dog down. He'd only been with us for a couple years, a 5yo boxer mix. He was a very great dog, except for the canine rage epilepsy where he'd just go off and bite somebody. Finally he bit one of my best friends in the nose on his wedding day. Was the worst day of my life bar none when I had to take the dog in to be put down. I don't think it will be as bad with my cat (17 and still going!), but you never know.

Peace Out.

---------

BigDog

Guest Anonymous

and he walks around like a friggin' spaz! He also looks completely helpless at the same time. Can't help but roll on the floor laughing.

Hey, we like cheap entertainment. 8-)

Dan

Guest Anonymous

8 weeks ago my 9 year old golden went to surgery. We had decided to put her down if the tumor had spread into her nose. I sobbed all night not knowing if it was the end of our time. We dodged a bullet. Maligant but clean margins,my vet bought us some time. I know how you feel. Good pets become part of us.