• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam Alert by 73Tiii

Fraidknots

Price: $100

Description:

Hi all,

Just an FYI.  About a month ago I posted an ad on parts wanted looking for an period correct radio, to which Steven Ocampo (AKA @73Tiii ) responded and we agreed on a price of $525 for the radio and a nice condition center console.  I promptly paid him via Venmo and have been waiting for a the part over since.  I have been in continuous communication with him and at first  he hadn't had time to ship it, then he need time to disassemble the console for efficient shipping, then his brother shipped it with a bunch of things, then he was looking for the shipping conformation, and on and on. He can't provide a shipping receipt and refuses to refund the money.  At this point, I have no option but to conclude I have been scammed, which is so unfortunate because I have had nothing but terrific experiences on this forum with many great people.  Everyone I have dealt with prior to this was helpful, honest and positive in every sense of the word.  I even had one gentleman form Virginia meet me in Massachusetts (because he was here on business) and sell me some rear seats.  It's to bad some people can undermine the trust of an entire community.

Fortunate for me is that I paid via Venmo and Mr. Ocampo's information and identification is 100% verifiable via Venmo.  So now, I will have to chase him down in Court and it will cost him far more time, money, and hassle than the meager amount he collected from me.  There is still the off chance that this has been one giant series of small errors and the product will magically show up, but I doubt.  

Thanks all.

I am in the same exact situation with this guy except it’s for a $700 transmission that was paid for on 11/4 through Venmo. Says he hasn’t had time to take it out of his car. Someone please find out where he is and I will take care of it. 

• Like 1

I have filed a claim with Venmo and I will work to identify exactly who he is and where he lives. At that point I’m filing a police report, and I will reach out to everybody here to get your information so we could do it in one fall swoop.

After that I’m going to file a claim in court and get that motherfucker in front of the judge one way or another. I hope to God he doesn’t show up and he has a warrant issued for him

Quick update to everyone.  I have been contacted by three people that this POS did the same thing to and Venmo has shut him down.  If anyone has any more background or information on this dirt bad, please forward it along.  I am making it a pet project to find this dirt bag and have him prosecuted. 

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

If you lookup his profile here on this forum you can see he is regularly logging in. Last logged in yesterday at around 5:50 a.m. pacific standard time.

Hey 73tiii man, if you are reading this It's not too late to communicate and fix things up.

Let us know if we can help provide you the parts you have/don't have. This is not the type of forum where kids come and play. It hurts when some of us are trying to make a honest sale.

Edited by resra

To 73Tiii... AKA Steve oCompo comes back as service provided by OmniPoint Communications (now part of TMobile.  Here is what OmniPoint is famous for; 

"Omnipoint Communications Incorporated used to be a phone service provider that went through various mergers and eventually became T-Mobile. The company name has resurfaced due to scam calls all across the country whose numbers are identified as "Omnipoint Communications, Inc." in New York."

He has scammed at least three people that I know of.  Two of us filed a complaint with Venmo and they apparently shut down his account and refunded out money.  There must be more to the story with Venmo that what we were told about for them to close his account.  Spread the word and keep this POS off this forum.