frached

Turbo steel wheel correct colors?

21 posts / 1469 viewsLast Reply

Mine came with a set of the CN36s.  Obviously they're no good anymore.  235/60/13!

IMG_6667.jpg

• Like 1

I wish they still made the 235/60/13 and the 215/60/13 CN36 Pirellis.  The 235/60 was a very tall tire for a 2002 but it was great on a Big Fendered Ford Capri or Sunbeam Tiger.  The 215/60/13 on 7"-8" wheels would fit great on a Turbo.

There are a couple of Michelin R compound tires that would fill our fenders very nicely but they are more like a Intermediate rain tire and about $350 ea.  There used to be some great choices of 13" tires back when our cars were new (I worked at a tire shop that was the largest Pirrelli P7 dealer in the US in 1975)

Would love to source some of these original wheels if anyone knows any contacts or has some hidden away don’t need anymore ..

(edited)
On 2/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Preyupy said:

There is the totally period correct 185/70 VR 13 Pirelli CN36  Cooker and Longstone sell them. 

Still only 185/70, but besides the excellent Pirelli CN36 (currently $160 at Longstone) and the Michelin XDX (currently $309), Uli A. (forum member uai, an extremely-respected, performance-minded ‘02 colleague from Germany) highly praises the Avon CR6ZZ (currently $262).

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv