• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb dillema, please share experiences.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My bogg-standard 1973 2002 (single barrel solex, european car) needs either a carb overhaul or a new carb. I have a manifold for a twin barrel solex on the shelf. What should I do? I could rebuild the SB solex, or should I convert to a downdraft weber? And which weber would that be? I'm not looking for huge power increases, just something reliable and driveable. Oh, and I would like a minimum of fabrication to make the lot fit. This is not my project car, I need something (semi-) bolt-on.

Thanks,

Hugo

Guest Anonymous

the current page only goes back one day. Or I'm doing something wrong, I'm not a computer wiz...

Guest Anonymous

I think it depends in what you are looking for. If you want an original BMW 2002 with a stock look stay with the solex 40pdsi. But if you want a little performance go with the weber!

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mmiller2002/lst?.dir=/Air+cleaner

Its pretty much bolt-on for a Weber 32/26DGV (manual choke) assuming that you currently have a manual choke.

If you want to stay with the stock look, then you'll need to modify the aircleaner assembly to fit the Weber. there's many ways to do that. Adapters (Pierce, JAM, 2002Haus) or custom.

Guest Anonymous

threads,go back 2-3 pages.It was from:Erica,subject:

miles per gallon?,and dated:May 10,04 @ 1:08