AnthonyC

craigslist ballard, seattle

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Think you should reach out to a few  guys in the neighbourhood, they maybe willing to help you look it over. 

The car looks like it has some short comings (painted B pillar trim, early deck lid and door trim looks like it is missing as well) but the most important thing determine  the level of rust.

A couple of nice set of wheels though ....good luck.

• Thanks 1

Anthony, 

Sorry to see you selling, but I think Mike's right, it'll come down to how much rust and where to see if it's worth your asking price.

Pros: nice interior, Weber, suspension, steering wheel and rims.

Potential issues: 76 means no Cali sales without the smog equipment, it's an automatic, green carpet is not standard, plus what Mike called out about trim and paint. 

Glws, James

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the help! I’m selling it mostly because of space. Living in an apartment in Ballard, I have a tiny parking spot that I pay $150 a month for for. Maybe if I can ever afford a house I’ll try again. 

what do you think a fair price would be? At $9000 it’s the cheapest running 02’ I’ve seen listed. 

Hard to tell. It seems the market is getting a little soft lately and you're coming in at the end of the selling season. If you have any rust in the floors, then I think your price is optimistic. My gut tells me that anything above 7500 should be considered well sold.

If it were me, I'd at least get all the trim and the door seal on the car at that asking price. Also, the AC should be working and charged and all lights/switches should be working correctly at that price as well.

right, I should add, that is a totally  negotiable price. I would happily take 7,500 for it. It would be a loss but I realize I paid too much for it. 

I just picked up a running 1976 2002 with minimal rust in the Seattle area a few months ago, in great running condition for $4900. There are some minor issues like missing knee trim, but all-in-all great mechanical condition. 

-Chris