• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Tii (vancouver) UPDATE

joysterm

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

Steve,

It is 2761726.

Thanks, Les.

VIN 2761726 should be a mid-May 1972 car, and certainly 121 head, plastic runners, no notch.

Saddle certainly looks great with Atlantik, but I believe most Euro-spec Atlantik cars came with black and gray interiors and most U.S.-spec cars came with black interiors. I don’t see any original seat covers, door cards, or carpeting here, however, so the original interior color is probably lost.

And who knows whether this was a factory Atlantik car — well, BMW Group Archives knows!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The interior (door panel) is typical of Select Classics, incl the non early '72 front seats (missing the tilt mech) & the "late" gauge cluster that has now been changed.

As it has (had) an Italic colour sticker, the original colour is probably Atlantik.

1596998856_27617264j.thumb.jpg.bc4dfc528895dd448fdb24979c751019.jpg688015877_27617262q.jpg.249eb39f64e5b1e13936d1769101aea0.jpg

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Kirkegaard's Turd Polishing Engine Rebuilding 101

Example A:

His idea of a 'rebuilt' motor more than likely does NOT include the following items>

*water pump

*timing chain assembly

*oil pump assembly

*new pistons

*full valve job (simple grind will suffice for this chiselin' bastard)

*plugs/points/wires etc. (always opting for reusing tune up parts)

*new belts (including Kugel for a tii)

*paperwork

Again...ask me how I know..

Edited by iinca

2 hours ago, iinca said:

I'll never go near anything that's been 'touched' by Jon Kirkegaard (of "Select Victims"). Ask me how I know.. He's a master turd polisher of the highest order.

Danger Will Robinson....Danger!!!!!

You misspelled "pooped on."

Cheers,

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I admit I bought a car off him awhile back. YES that is a true statement (sad but true). He's got a great 'act' and I was an ediot klown for fallin for that jive turd polisher.

There were so many things wrong with the car I wouldn't know where to start. But I'm doin it anyway to help out anyone foolish enough to consider buying one of his turds>

First off I paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for the car. So much I'm ashamed to admit that price

Second...the car came painted in no less than 5 shades of inka..They painted each panel seperately......pros he calls his painters. Ha! Everyone who works there has a green card...just sayin..

Car showed up with straight water in the system. Block almost froze the first night. It wouldn't turn over with the weak ass battery...so I had to run it with out the belt for a few minutes to unfreeze it.

Other high lites>

*Running on 3 cylinders(bad #2 injector)

*Shifter was looser than a 20 buck Vegas hoe. THE sloppiest 2002 linkage I'd ever seen!!!!

*no wipers

*no horn

*no blinkers

*squirt pump dead

*1 high beam

*1 turn signal

*weak ass battery

*AC was half ass spittin' luke cold air (his amazing D Tech kit ha!!! lol)

*Alignment was a full five degrees 'toed' in. Pigeon toed like a Geisha  girl.

*Car pulled hard to the right under braking.

*unbalanced tires (3) wobbled down the road. Turns out tires were very old and I had to shitcan them

*Rocker trim was literally falling off on driver's side.

*Body work was nowhere near as clean as he claimed

*Carpet kit was put in like somebody used a chain saw to cut the holes

*Engine smoked more that Snoop Doggie Dogg. I'm surprised I'm not in jail here in CA

*"New" Head liner blew out on the rear edge first trip with the windows down on the freeway. Flapped and fluttered..

*Leaky heater valve

*Koni struts were 'locked up' rusty.

*Grills looked like they were chewed on by a pit bull. Jon tells me that they were in excellent shape!!

*New Trunk panel material appeared to be done by and 8 year old. Loose and with the wrong staples. Shoddy half ass workmanship!

*Block was grounded to a strut mount  bolt with thin gauge wire!!! Too cheap to order an OE double ground!

*Over heated after 10 minutes

I know there's more but my therapist recommends I don't talk about the incident too much

any way

After a few months of dickin' around fixing things I finally cried UNCLE!!! and demanded my money back. Money back from Select Classics??? RIGHT!!! HAHA.

Well nothing like the threats of sending INS over to his shop... aggressive legal representation and

massive widespread internet exposure to bring a business to its knees. That 'chiselin bastard' ended up refunding my $$!!  

Edited by iinca
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the info Steve, I hope I have not stirred up too many bad memories.  If its any any comfort knowing that misery loves company the CO of this particular Tii is getting his share of abuse on BaT......seems like not much is keeping the pundents busy today.  They appear to have found pleasure in  ganging up  on this guy with knives drawn.

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 1

I'm OK now that I got refunded.

The new owner of that inka tii tells me a couple of weeks ago one of the frame rails is nearly rusted through!!!! 

I read most of that BAT ad and when it was mentioned  'Select Classics' restored it I knew he was in for a beating

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joysterm said:

Thanks for the info Steve, I hope I have not stirred up too many bad memories.  If its any any comfort knowing that misery loves company the CO of this particular Tii is getting his share of abuse on BaT......seems like not much is keeping the pundents busy today.  They appear to have found pleasure in  ganging up  on this guy with knives drawn. I think he'll wish he had not mentioned their name as well.

I`m just amazed that no one seems to have noticed that both front seats are passenger seats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

For the benefit of the members who are following the BaT auction I came across this yesterday but was unable to post due to BaT spam concerns,

http://davidsclassiccars.com/bmw/230190-1972-bmw-2002tii-roundie-atlantik-blue-no-reserve-nr-matching-numbers.html provides a lil more info you may find interesting.