• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Tii (vancouver) UPDATE

joysterm

Price: $65000

Description:

NOW LISTED ON BaT.......https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002tii-25/

NM/NN  https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/6744937188.html .......Price 65,000.00 (CAD)

Please use caution ......this  is, to the best of my knowledge a former east coast car that was purchased by the CO earlier this year. I believe it was offered on CL in North Carolina (but not confirmed) in the  same color. It has been up for sale in this market before but has just now resurfaced with some new improvements, I would strongly advise you to perform as much due diligence  on both the car and owner as you feel necessary if pursuing this sale. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

00P0P_aP76EvMHUoS_600x450.jpg

edit:

After checking a previous post, 

the car was offered here in Aug 2017 not this year as stated above. It was apparently sold on Ebay for aprox 18,600 USD after postings on numerous CL through out the southern and west coast cities. It was sold with a South Carolina title, so I am not sure if the title was ever transferred to the CO who operates used spots car/ Porsche business here in BC.

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 1

Yes it's a '72 in a not so common color, but for that price I would expect it to be perfectly/correctly restored and be a sunroof car as well.

Glancing at the pix quickly the interior would have to be reupholstered correctly, the flag mirrors would have to be replaced with trapezoidal units, the clock housing would have to be restored/replaced, the climate control faces replaced, non-tii snorkel filled in, etc...

I would say 30-35K is more realistic right now considering all the above plus whatever else is not visible in photos (incl body/paint work quality because it was an east coast car originally).

Just my 02 cents.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

2 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

I would say 30-35K is more realistic right now considering all the above plus whatever else is not visible in photos (incl body/paint work quality because it was an east coast car originally).

Trying to get any history out of this guy was and probably still is difficult to do. He always had a excuse as to why he did not have the VIN,  when pressed there was always another excuse, I gave up....so I have no idea where it came from,  only  relying on the input from others who commented. Personally I never had an opportunity to set eyes on the car, but happy to do so if anyone wants to pursue this.

• Like 1

I have some cellophane tape in case he wants to better adhere that clock [emoji4]

00p0p_3ukwNWgDXA_1200x900.jpg&key=2a0efa58849f2fb9ccd9bf525fbdc383f96637481427065316ee2262a0b4f715

I was wondering that myself as the picture I saw in the ad was tighter but the clock definitely looked like it was angled towards the person taking the picture. It also looks like the white headliner material extends down the a-pillars which isn't correct either and the lower pad for the steering column surround is missing as well.

Yeah. ... were the cowls cut to facilitate viewing the flywheel ball on the '72's? I thought they were. That one ain't.

Also no view of the airbox mounting. 

... You can open the CL pics in a new window. That usually embiggens them.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Yeah. ... were the cowls cut to facilitate viewing the flywheel ball on the '72's? I thought they were. That one ain't.

Also no view of the airbox mounting. 

... You can open the CL pics in a new window. That usually embiggens them.

Cheers,
Good eye-all tii's should have that notch. Sketchy car...

The notch appeared around July '72, about 500 cars later than this one.

Since Select Classics (possibly before), the car has had a "late" (74-76) gauge cluster, I see now it has a correct period cluster, but the reported 76k is probably a guess.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Since Select Classics (possibly before), the car has had a "late" (74-76) gauge cluster, I see now it has a correct period cluster, but the reported 76k is probably a guess.
Didn't know, I stand corrected!

On 11/9/2018 at 9:55 PM, 02Les said:

+1

Echoing Les:

Generally...VIN’s 2760001 through 2761943 and VIN’s 2762015 through 2762372 had 121 heads, plastic intake runners, and no firewall notch. The first E12 head, aluminum intake runner U.S. car, VIN 2761944, was manufactured June 5, 1972. The “second coming” of E12 heads on U.S. tii’s appeared with VIN 2762373, manufactured in August 1972.

Do we know the VIN of this car? The engine block has a 1972 casting date, but I can’t discern the month and day from the photo.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)