Jump to content
Ray Brandes

Fun with ureathane

3 posts / 1107 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Years ago I made silicon molds to make wax patterns for investment casting. Now I am applying those skills to restoring my 700's

Using machinable wax, I cut an open face mold for a simplified tail light gasket.

The cast urethane gasket turned out quite nicely. I poured a second one and now they are on Baby. 

 

 

 

milling.jpg

firstone.jpg

before-after.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve,

Second career is started! I am winding down Ray-Vin by discontinuing a number of products. We will still be making scope stands and smokers, but the focus is now moving on to repair and restoration of vintage autos. Part of that is making repro parts. 

I am on the verge of buying sheet metal equipment to begin the task of rebuilding Val's unibody.

Here is just one of the areas that needs new steel.

Regards, Ray

left quarter.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.