• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blunttech Ultimate 5 Speed Conversion Kit

DealinDave

Price: $499

Description:

If you're doing a 5 speed G245 swap, our kit makes it a simple bolt in operation as opposed to butchering an E21 shift platform or other DIY approach. We were tired of having to source used shift platforms, then measure/cut and hope for the best results. Our solid cast aluminum platform is made to take all the guesswork out of the process. These are cast right here in the USA by a local foundry to our specs and include all necessary hardware to make installation a breeze. This kit is designed to work with a standard late 4 speed shift lever and G245 transmissions in all 2002 chassis. It utilizes stock wear items like the shift lever bushing, rod joint, and shifter blocks, making it easy to source parts for any necessary future repairs.  If you're looking to upgrade during the conversion, we also have a more comprehensive kit for $889 that includes giubo, speedo cable, clutch slave, Z3 short shift lever, clutch lines and additional hardware (you'll need a push on style shift knob to go with the Z3 lever, which we can provide several varieties as well). We also provide a PDF installation walk through with all kits (attached below). We can supply new shortened driveshafts as well with no core charge. Our first production run sold out within a week and we just got more in, so shoot an email at sales@blunttech.com or stop by blunttech.com to get one ordered!

1420BTKT_ULTIMATE_5_SPEED_PLATFORM_KIT.jpg?15397224731417BTKT_ULTIMATE_5_SPEED_CONVERSION_KIT.jpg?1538151179

5 SPEED PLATFORM INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Edited by DealinDave
  • Like 4

www.blunttech.com

DealinDave@blunttech.com

6 minutes ago, ranjag said:

How much is the comprehensive kit for a 72tii.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

$849 and we're also currently trying to pin down a reliable source for quality driveshafts so we can offer an additional complete kit minus transmission. Once that happens I'll update the original post with final pricing.

Edited by DealinDave

www.blunttech.com

DealinDave@blunttech.com

Hi Dave,

I received the comprehensive kit and love the instructions for the platform. Any suggestions on where I can get similar instructions for the complete conversion. I'm trying to assist my mechanic with as much info as possible,

Thanks

On 11/9/2018 at 12:06 AM, gyro411 said:

Hi Dave,

I received the comprehensive kit and love the instructions for the platform. Any suggestions on where I can get similar instructions for the complete conversion. I'm trying to assist my mechanic with as much info as possible,

Thanks

You can have your mechanic call us. Its a pretty straight forward swap. We can help him with anything hes unsure of though.  952 473 7278

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

On 11/19/2018 at 2:11 PM, no1uno said:

Is the cut to length / balanced 5 speed conversion driveshaft on your website?  Hoping to put an order together for Black Friday.  Will conversion clutch parts be part of the sale?

Thanks!

Driveshafts aren't up yet, but we do have a line on a reliable supplier that should be able to provide all driveshafts necessary. Those aren't up yet, but the conversion parts will be for sale on Black Friday. Stop www.blunttech.com on Friday from 9am-midnight CST and sale pricing will be reflected on the site.

www.blunttech.com

DealinDave@blunttech.com