Jump to content
  • When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More FRIGIKING info needed

Guest Anonymous

Recommended Posts

Guest Anonymous

Hey Gang!

In trying to retro-fit a Frigiking A/C unit into my '76, I'm trying to

figure out where the "Pulley-on-a-Long Metal Arm" fits.

"Is there anyone out there with this same setup that can tell me where

it needs to bolt-up to?" If ya' got a picture of it, even better. ;-)

I've pretty much been able to figure out everything else, save for this





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anonymous

The pulley mounts on that part of the bracket near the bottomm where it comes to a dull point. I wouldn't call it a long arm on the pulley, on the one I have (and may have left in Andy's trunk this weekend) it's only about 1"-1.5" long. We may have different pulleys. In any case, I'd convert to the Sanden compressor, eliminates idler pulley, less drag on engine, smaller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anonymous

bracket from the one that came with the original Frigiking setup...and Matt's correct, it's a much better arrangement--if you can find one. There is an adapter bracket that allows one to use the rotary compressor on the old York piston compressor mount. They're more readily available and will allow you to use your original bracket. But if you can locate the Sanden bracket (they were used on Clardy systems) you're better off, as the mount is much cleaner and lighter.

Cheers & happy hunting.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Upcoming Events

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Create New...