irdave

Feeler; '72 tii for sale, hot-rod project wanted

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Price: $100

Description:

I have a golf 1972 2002 tii with numbers matching engine (2761023, original early car with plastic intakes), with a lot of new parts to make it a good driver, like new stock brakes (rotors, pads, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, rebuilt calipers) and stainless lines, new water pump, thermostat and silicone hoses, esty carpet with lots of sound damping, new fuel pump and fuel lines, LED exterior lights with LED H4 replacement headlights, rebuilt heater box and blower motor, several thousands of dollars in receipts from the past year, new Rota R20 wheels with new Yoko S-Drive tires, Kooglewerks shift knob and e-brake handle, Recaros, OE door gaskets, OE trunk gasket, TEP metal 'leak-proof' intakes, 123 ignition with new wires, plugs, coil, I'm sure there's more...  I have about 400 hours of labor into the car so far.  There's a little bit of rust- but I mean a little bit- like it hasn't occurred to me to fix it.  At some point it had a snorkel front end installed, along with a respray that wasn't super detail oriented, but looks good.  Obviously pictures are available should the car be properly offered for sale. 

The car currently has a freshly built hot-rod motor installed which could be available- but it's probably too hot for a sea-level car, and it's nicely done- so I'm not motivated to include it with the car.  The fuel injection is stock and is installed completely and in use on the car now.  I have some spare K-fish parts that could go with it (like more than an entire extra set up.)

I'd like to find a less special car to turn into a hot-rod.  So I'm looking for something without too much rust that's not a '76.  I'm trying to leave this vague so as to not limit what's possible...

Dave.

IMG_20180110_155907.jpg

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Susan really doesn't want to know your email address. She will just yell at you.

I'm pretty sure she has it. I think you copied her on some of our correspondence. 😁

• Sad 1

Alright, what I was working on resolved itself. 

I'm thinking mid-20s-ish.  It's a driver, it's not pristine, there is very little rust, I've got a ton of hours and new parts in it, and I don't need to sell it (my wife would prefer I didn't.)  And I don't really mind hot-rodding it a bit- it's more that if someone was going to love it for just being a tii and give it a good home, then I'll do something else.  Otherwise it can live here in a heated shop, hauling ass and have a good time making newer cars look silly.  :) And it would take a lot of convincing to get me to let go of the shocks I just put on it, so plan on tii struts, old Bilsteins, with Eibach and/or stock springs (like probably not going to happen, or $5k, because that's about what I have in them.  Yes, my priorities are screwed up.)

So there ya' go.  I'll get some pictures up later, and get put together a list of new parts with receipts for what I've done since I bought it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, irdave said:

I'll charge you extra for Ray's handshake, after the Blunt ice cream fiasco.  :)

Gimme 'til tomorrow afternoon, ok?  Working on something that I think would be really interesting.

milk shake not hand shake

5 hours ago, irdave said: