joebarthlow

BMW CCA Oregon Classic BMWs & Coffee

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

4 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Nice.  Thanks for sharing the photos.  Where were the graveyard photos taken?

portland. no parts sales, just whole cars. I guess it's not an easy process. kind of sad, actually

Well, if it is the boneyard I think it is (close to Gresham), please tell me there was a shop on site that had a 75 Malaga indoors getting worked on. 

Been there for close to 5 years....

There is more hidden in blackberry bushes on those 5 acres, including Bavaria's, E21's  etc. The irony is that what you see has been pretty cleaned up and it was much more overgrown until recently. That boneyard has provided a 5 speed and a few other parts for me. But the time from removal to installation has been painfully long. 

The guy is slowing down (some health issues etc.)  and I believe doesn't have the energy to part out what he has and just wants to clear up his property. 

If someone hands me a winning lottery ticket, I would take those 5 acres and the 22 plus cars sitting near Eugene and start an online parts service for the rest of us...

42 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Well, if it is the boneyard I think it is (close to Gresham), please tell me there was a shop on site that had a 75 Malaga indoors getting worked on. 

Been there for close to 5 years....

There is more hidden in blackberry bushes on those 5 acres, including Bavaria's, E21's  etc. The irony is that what you see has been pretty cleaned up and it was much more overgrown until recently. That boneyard has provided a 5 speed and a few other parts for me. But the time from removal to installation has been painfully long. 

The guy is slowing down (some health issues etc.)  and I believe doesn't have the energy to part out what he has and just wants to clear up his property. 

If someone hands me a winning lottery ticket, I would take those 5 acres and the 22 plus cars sitting near Eugene and start an online parts service for the rest of us...

I didn't go in the shop, but I did see a couple malagas covered in blackberries outside ;) This was my first time there. I saw basically everything outside. If I had known about those Bavarias, I might have kept mine. the people I was with said many cars have been cleared out recently. I can't imagine how the owner can afford to pay the property taxes on the place! 

If I had space, I would attempt to acquire a few cars, but the effort to remove them would be huge, maybe more than the actual cost. My OCD was bouncing around thinking if it was up to me, I build a huge covered port, organize all the cars by model, determine which get restored and which get parted out. organize the parts, sell off one of the lots (it's on two separate lots)... nevertheless, it's just sad

Edited by joebarthlow

Hi Joe,

It was nice to meet you on Saturday.  Very cool that you guys made the drive up.  It was a great turnout, we counted 37 cars.  We got so lucky with the weather.

Thanks,

Vince

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, e9er said:

Hi Joe,

It was nice to meet you on Saturday.  Very cool that you guys made the drive up.  It was a great turnout, we counted 37 cars.  We got so lucky with the weather.

Thanks,

Vince

indeed!

I left my sunglasses at home, thinking I wouldn't need them. man was I wrong. yes, I was a good turnout, even with a sketchy forecast.