D Seattle

Short steering wheel hub adaptor.

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Anyone source a shorter steering wheel adapter ?   The stock nardi is about 4 inches deep.    I found one about 3.25 on flash power sports but that hardly seems enough to make it worth while.

NRG has some very short ones, less than 2 inches, but at least the a-llication chart is for later models starting with 320s.   

I’ll make some calls come Monday but just wondering if anyone already figured this out?

Is there a particular wheel you’re trying to adjust for? Dish of the wheel is a variable you can play with.

I’m using two wheels; 350-360mm Momo with almost no dish, and a 380mm Sparco with something like 2" of dish. Both on a Momo hub.

With the Momo wheel, I occasionally bump the turn signal or wiper stalk. I wouldn’t want the hub to be any shorter. 

With the Sparco, it’s a bit of a reach to use the turn signals or wipers.

So anyway, just offering another potential variable to think about if you don’t find a shorter hub.

• Like 1

If you already have the 4" you could probably find a machine shop to mill it down to whatever you need for about the price of a new adapter. That is if you can find someone able and willing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

360 nardi. Standard flat 3 spoke with the chrome.  

Macinining is an idea albeit I think it would require more work than just buying a different one given the Spines at one end and the hex screws on the other. 

3 hours ago, D Seattle said:

NRG has some very short ones, less than 2 inches, but at least the a-llication chart is for later models starting with 320s.   

IIRC 320s use the same splines as a 2002--lots of folks have 320is steering wheels on their 2002s...

mike

AFAIK all BMW's from the neue klasse on (don't know about earlier years) use the same splines up until the air bags were fitted, you'll need to switch the horn ring around for different years/models though. 

18 minutes ago, chargin said:

Grant Steering Wheels makes an economical one that is set up for both 5 and 6 hole steering wheels 

Also Ireland Engineering has a hub that may work for you 

momo for me 

1B01CC1B-197E-4DEA-B62B-02B474061BD1.jpeg

D  - I haven't found one off-the-shelf that is shorter.  They did exist at one point (eighties?) but seldom pop up these days.

I bought my Nardi wheel and hub back in the late 70's. The hub is slightly flared and about 3 1/8" long. 

SteeringHub.jpg

• Thanks 1