chago997

Hazard light switch

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Does the hazard light switch suppose to light up when the car is started on a '73?  mine lights up when button is pressed on and it flashes, but not in off position.  I kind-of remember it being on when engine is on and lights on.  new to me '73 and center console was just finished.  

The hazard light switch illuminates along with the dash lights and will dim with 'em, but will blink brightly when activated.  At least on my '73, the hazard switch isn't illuminated when the dash lights are off, even when the ignition is on.

mike

When I replaced mine ('72), the only one available was the newer one, which you have to trim a tab or 2.  It doesn't come on with the lights anymore...

Dave, when I went out to check mine to make sure it really did come on with the dash lights, I noticed it wasn't illuminating unless I wiggled the button.  That tells me that there's a loose or corroded contact inside, or the push button is loose, so you might check yours to see if that's the case with yours.

mike

Thanks for the replies, now i know im not going cuckoo!  I thought it was working before.  The red light does illuminate brightly when activated to flash, but the dimmer red light will not light up when the main lights/ and dash is turned on like before.  I thought it might be the light bulb inside the red button, but if it lights up when activated, there must be a loose cable or connection, my guess.  There is only one bulb inside, right?  As per Mike, i checked to see if maybe i had dimmed the dash lights and somehow the flasher light was dimmed but, they are on full non-dimm.  Anyways, ill post what i find. thank you all