• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wipers won't stop!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

carmay5th.jpg

URL: http://www.lovingeveryminuteofit.com/bmw2002/

Luckly I don't have the actual blades and arm pieces on yet, but the motor won't stop turning the internal wiper arms. If I turn the wipers on they go at the same speed and I can set it to high and it goes at high speed. I then turn them off, and they shut off for about 3 seconds and then start up again. Anyone else experience this ever?

Lars

Guest Anonymous

I just had this happen to me as I accelerated on to an on-ramp a couple days ago. Washers came on as well. The washer pump fell off the bottle and onto the header. The ground wire burned through and shorted the circuit.

Guest Anonymous

I diin't know we had "intermittant wipers"! You could always move to a rain forrest.

Guest Anonymous

badassjune.jpg

i traced mine to a short from the alarm system

(which i removed afterwards). check that the turn

signal/wiper arm is well connected and grounded.

also could be the relay. i have spares of both so

let me know if you need one. 1 week to hermann

huh?

Guest Anonymous

It's the relay (or wahtever they call it). I just had the same problem on my wifes''02 and used the Haynes manual to check out the problem. Found that the "delay relay " was the culprit.