• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High beams work, but WTF happened to my low beams?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 75 2002 with Hella H4's. I was out last night driving and everything was going fine, then all of a sudden my low beams went dead. The high beams still work though. Anyone have any clue as to how to fix this? My factory service manual for once is of little help.

Guest Anonymous

I run the same setup on my '76 2002. I basically just dropped the H4's in with 55/100 bulbs. Work great.

After you check the fuses, try replacing the relays. The nice thing about the later cars is that they *have* relays and there's a separate one for the high and low beam circuits.

Good luck!

BTW I've had NO problems with mine, except when I blowed a bulb after using the plasma cutter near by!

-------------

BigDog

'76 2002 Hella H4, Hella 500, Hella Rear Fog (25w)

Guest Anonymous

Mine got clobbered by an over enthusiastic jump into the seat...

result - the column stalk came out of the nylon/plastic insert on the steering column - i had high beams, no low beams.