Teelinger

New JDM wheel options

11 posts / 709 viewsLast Reply

I was surfing the interwebs for misc car parts and came across some new (to me) vintage style, modern alloy wheels that would work on an 02. They're from a manf catering to the Miata crowd with the typically weird JDM name: Cars Make Corn (wtf?).

Anyhoo, as some might know, I love me my Corrado steelies, but I've always jonesed for the Alfaholics GTA styled wheels and wished they made them in 4x100. These JDM wheels are the closest in style that I've found so far. But at 500 a pop for the 15s, I'll have to ponder this a little longer. They also come in a 14". Note that they're super light at only 4.8kg per wheel for the 15".

Take a look below and check out the links. Thoughts?

Cheers, James

The 15s: https://rev9autosport.com/car-make-corn-s-aluminum-cmc-01-15-wheels.html

Screenshot_20181011-230304.thumb.png.c2f998f3bfe3270295e65e5acd25359d.png

The 14s: https://rev9autosport.com/car-make-corn-s-aluminum-cmc-03-14-wheel.html

Screenshot_20181011-230348.thumb.png.5da757327dba15d27d10ff94998ca11c.png

• Like 1

Reviving this old thread in the hope that someone, somewhere might have tried these CMC-03s on their 02. I'm with you, Tee: those Alfa wheels are pure sex (especially on a good-looking GTV). Similar to the Dunlop works alloys on old British racers. 

So, has anybody given these Miata wheels a try, despite the bananas name? If not, can you tell whether they're likely to fit from the published specs? 

From the specs, they should be close to perfect: 15x7, 4x100, et25. 

Still saving the Benjamin's to be able to afford them though. 

I was actually looking at the 14-inchers, which are listed as et20. So, they'd be pushing a little further out. Half the price of the 15s, though! 

(edited)

Be aware the Miata has a much smaller center bore...so unless it has a larger center bore than stock you will need a spacer to push it out or have the center bore opened up. If you have the e21 hubs.

Edited by jrhone
  • Thanks 1

I ran the TRmotorsports Spec Miata wheel, super light and perfect 02 fitment, affordable from TireRack 

IMG_2824.thumb.JPG.0ea4d09bb14871132c3dbe53fbbaee9f.JPGIMG_2868.JPG.02a95ba8d7182af86d3aa55a272d0b17.JPGIMG_2823.thumb.JPG.94e2da334b0fd20ffd29dd6edf5bf6ec.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chargin said:

I ran the TRmotorsports Spec Miata wheel, super light and perfect 02 fitment, affordable from TireRack 

Those look nice. I think they push the border line between period correct and modern. Matching calipers and studs are a really nice touch. Great job. 

2 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Those look nice. I think they push the border line between period correct and modern. Matching calipers and studs are a really nice touch. Great job. 

Thanks, this was when I first got the car in 2014, 4 sets ago....

Situation now with matching hardware:

IMG_3452.thumb.JPG.1c097b0028d52db3519d810b3014bebe.JPG

13 hours ago, chargin said:

Situation now with matching hardware:

Well you can't go wrong with a custom set of BBS wheels! $125 for the other set that you had is a bargain for those that can't dump that kind of cash. I went with Beyrn wheels on mine. BBS are almost damned impossible to find now days! Beautiful car BTW! 

Here is my current situation:

IMG_9605.jpg

• Like 1