• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Lap at Hallett Oklahoma

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

IMG_0441.jpg

URL: http://www.thedigitalmethod.com/bmw/web/oloa/2004/web/oloa2004.htm

As a consolation to not making the race itself I treated myself a morning of watching. It was pretty cool to see all the ragged weary eyed racers who in two days will have completed a nearly 6000 mile 8 day marathon across the US... So many of the cars were truly amazing! Especially the Dodge 1500 "truck" that has been finishing top 5 consistently... It's actually a tube framed, truck shaped race car sporting a carbon fiber/fiberglass body and a viper v-10 race motor racing in of all things the SUV class... :-)

I dumped one of my cf cards into a gallery. There are a few good pics amongst the out of focus shots...

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

run sears? I had to leave after Bill Arnold ran to help open his shop for front end work on 52. Your car looks really cool- i will look at it on the 1 lap site. From the looks of it, i guess Bill found the tranny parts he needed in Vegas. I heard the 318 tranny was not up to snuff. Good luck in the competition. That "truck" is a blast to watch, as is the black Volvo.

Guest Anonymous

My car wasn't done in time. Hallett is just a little over an hour drive from my home so I thought getting to see everything first hand would be the best incentive to get my act together for next year... :-)

Guest Anonymous

It was part of the Kicker "booth" and they were moving it out of the 18 wheeler to get their riced out "show car" for display. They put the nash back in the trailer so it wasn't out long enough to really get a good look at it. Go figure...