StophinHousen

M10 Machine work

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hiya,

So after blowing up my m10 at Woody Creek (Co) track day I am starting to get the things I need to build up another m10 this winter. I have a block and a e12 head that could work but needs some machine work done. does anyone have a shop they would recommend ? The block I want to have bored and the head I want to go through completely (New valve guides, port and polish, shaved if needed, and No. 4 spark plug is stripped) I live in Aspen but would drive to Denver or west to SLC Utah. I don't mind shipping the head if there is a recommended shop that receives 

Thanks 

You can try Terry (owner) at Colorado Automotive Machine 303-789-7552.  If you walk in with the parts, he will say "One of those old BMWs".  He has done a couple blocks and heads for me and for another 02er that I referred.  Google Map his location, West Union and Sante Fe

I had a machine shop in Loveland do my machine work, including the work to the head and installing the valves / springs / seals.  I did all the other assembly.  They also do a bunch of race car work for a buddy of mine's shop.  I can get their contact info for you.  The balancing job they did is very nice- smoother than my stock s54.