• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bimmer_b
Go to solution Solved by Tommy,

• 1 month later...

What a great story and journey you are on.  I grew up doing cars with my dad, he's been gone now 3 years and I miss him.  

Did you ever make the console plans available?  I might like to get those from you for the resto I'm doing on my son's '76.  That looks really nice.

Thank you for sharing this Ana.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, PapaG said:

What a great story and journey you are on.  I grew up doing cars with my dad, he's been gone now 3 years and I miss him.  

Did you ever make the console plans available?  I might like to get those from you for the resto I'm doing on my son's '76.  That looks really nice.

Thank you for sharing this Ana.

Sorry about your dad, that's great you two got to bond over cars too though and you are continuing on with it with your son.

I do want to eventually make what plans he had available. I wanted to complete this one first so I can see how it comes out when it's done, but I haven't really gotten around to yet unfortunately. Interior stuff really hasn't been a priority right now, hopefully I will have all the windows together and work on getting it running well sometime this spring and then move on to the console and seat stuff. Good luck with your son's car! 

• Like 1

Ana B. 

Check out my 2002tii restoration :D 

More random BMW/2002Tii Posts ? https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_b/

• 1 month later...

Got the door glass in and adjusted on both sides which took forever. Also installed the rear interior trim to see how it looked and started mocking up the lower body trims and outer window mouldings. When I got to the front lower trim pieces though I found that the Bodyshop had filled one of the holes for the trim retainers in both sides so I have to drill those out. Also it appears I’m missing the passenger side outer window trim piece. Also installed the kidney grille and the headlight trim rings. I had started on the bumper a while ago, but it would be easier with a second person so I’m not doing anything with that until I can take it to work. Overall I think this is the most progress I've in a while and tomorrow I’m going to get a batter from work and some fuel and try to start it up. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNycy6HDxRB/?igshid=rn3y0i85ub62

D3028F8E-B833-4CA6-8264-0B58EB8125FD.jpeg

86B65CC8-9A67-4745-B53C-9FD9DA6C6A8C.jpeg

3D77563C-943C-46AA-869B-45313580DE57.jpeg

• Like 2

Ana B. 

The hole above the ashtray in the picture? That was a mount for the shoulder belt in early cars, having the shoulder belt mounted

that low caused  as many injuries as the seat belt saved you from, a black plastic plug would be fine there IMO. 

• Thanks 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

4 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

The hole above the ashtray in the picture? That was a mount for the shoulder belt in early cars, having the shoulder belt mounted

that low caused  as many injuries as the seat belt saved you from, a black plastic plug would be fine there IMO. 

Ah ok that’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Thanks foe the Info! 

Ana B. 

Behold! It starts and runs! Hasn’t been started since I got it back from the Bodyshop in 2018, the fuel pump was a little seized, but was able to tap it and free it up. After that it ran great! I wanted to drive it around a little bit, but I found that the toe was really really far off and I didn’t want to continue driving it with the alignment so out so I’m going to try and adjust that sometime this week. Ordered some other trim items and am going to secure the lower trims on once the retainers come in. Also was able to get new door panels so I will install those once I cut out all the holes for everything in the door.  

• Like 6

Ana B. 

So cool.

Don

• Like 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007