Haidlehaus

Door Seal - where do I find this part?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

New to the 2002 world.

Recommendations on where to buy one of these small seals that go on the front of the door (it is missing from the passanger door)?

Thanks

IMG_20181003_100004.jpg

(edited)

There are 4 of them. Front and back on both doors. Of course they are all unique.

51-71-6-454-225/226/227/228.

RealOEM says $13.82 each.  

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

There are 4 of them. Front and back on both doors. Of course they are all unique. 

I have to admit, in 25 or so years of working on these cars, I've never seen one...

t

ungasketted.

(edited)

I just checked and my 73 tii has 3 out of 4

I've been getting factory parts from BMW of South Atlanta ONLINE. They list them for $17.14 each. Maybe I should be shopping at Real OEM doh..

19972.jpg

Edited by iinca

1 hour ago, iinca said:

I just checked and my 73 tii has 3 out of 4.

I've been getting factory parts from BMW of South Atlanta ONLINE. They list them for $17.14 each. Maybe I should be shopping at Real OEM doh.

Realoem doesn't sell parts.  The prices shown are not always accurate.

I bought those and a lot of stuff like that from rogerstii.com , as they had actual pictures and descriptions of a lot of those things, so you were sure to know what you were getting.  

Watch out. They are 4 separate part numbers as they vary side to side and front to back. When I ordered them a few years ago 3 of them were reasonably priced but the 4th was hard to get and hugely expensive (for what it is). 

Fitting wise, they have steel springs to grip the door but I would install with a touch of weatherstrip glue as I found that they didn’t sit right without help. 

• Thanks 1