aussie2002

2002 headlight fittings

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi all. I’m having trouble locating a fitting for the back of my 1969 2002 RHS headlight. I’d call it the spring system that holds the globe? In genera any ideas what I need to get these going? Cheers Aussie 02

7263aedc0678eccb57898eac428f6ac9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s called a ‘bulb support’ according to realoem. It appears to be NLA though it might be worth googling the part number below. 

Best may be a ‘want to buy’ ad on here or a post on the Australian Facebook page 

0F96D942-AEF6-46F8-B471-2F61DC2C772C.thumb.png.2502a8bec7ae267c8a19e9a9210847a8.png

• Like 2

Thanks for that. I’m trying to avoid the euro300 cost of a new one!!!

10 minutes ago, Stevenc22 said:

That’s different to the one on the Eurobuckets. The one he is after is a collar with a bayonet lock and a coil spring that holds the bulb in place.  I think there is also integrated terminals for the side light bulb as well. 

I know nothing about eurobuckets, are they not just replaceable sealed 7 inch bulbs like on the US models?

The first option i posted has the side light built in.

Is it like the ones shown btm left/btm centre? I know there is a different type, but don't have a spare of that.

001.thumb.JPG.19f5b60c484d0a7073e25b58bbf67a3f.JPG

Unfortunately, my original lights are in storage. I tried some searching to find a picture but I could only find this post which sounds like it has lost its pictures. 

• Like 1

My arrangement is (was)!quite a bit different. Maybe it varied between Bosch and Hella? The other variable is whether it was a H4 housing Vs old Bilux bulb with a spherical glass. My 73 was originally fitted with the Bilux bulbs which had a spring to hold them into the reflector and then a bayonet cap to secure it in place. 

That bail arm arrangement looks the same as that found on the H4 inserts (as pointed out by @Stevenc22 ) but uses a secondary steel bracket to secure it to the reflector. Isn’t that spot welded to the reflector?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. My reflectors are average at best, so if I was to buy 2 new kits from eBay / amazon would a 7’ h4 conversion as mentioned by@stevenc22 simply fit in the OE housing? And then some wiring / fitting and mucking around and I’m all good?

You would need the U.S. spec headlight buckets to use one of those H4 conversions. I'd bet you could find that spring(or similar) on another H4 headlight at a wrecking yard.

Bob

• Like 1

These are the two types that I know of. Yours looks like the one on the right. If this is what you need, send me a PM with your address & I'll mail it off.

DSCN3294sm.JPG.3ce02cacda049029f7ca2bd77de8c23c.JPGDSCN3295sm.JPG.5f97b08b18e3f42ab318ac3946a7893a.JPG

• Like 1