mud

Sold BMW 2002 1971 Chamonix

21 posts / 2246 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

It's a fancy shmancy programable' distributor that will change you life (and your car's performance). After owning that car for awhile I always  thought that distributor was a 45 year old 'loose goose POS.

One can set up centrifigal and vacuum advance curves. Better than free beer and hookers imho

*consider getting the tune + model as it can be set up via a smart phone ap.

They cost a bit but if you buy outta Europe they are cheaper.... BUT probably harder to claim on the warranty. I bought from the US distributor and paid around 500 (worth ever single penny though). Your car is awesome and deserves one.

Edited by iinca

43 minutes ago, iinca said:

It's a fancy shmancy programable' distributor that will change you life (and your car's performance). After owning that car for awhile I always  thought that distributor was a 45 year old 'loose goose POS.

One can set up centrifigal and vacuum advance curves. Better than free beer and hookers imho

They cost a bit but if you buy outta Europe they are cheaper.... BUT probably harder to claim on the warranty. I bought from the US distributor and paid around 500 (worth ever single penny though). Your car is awesome and deserves one.

Thanks!

A lot of this is way over my head... 🤦🏽‍♂️  I have some reading to do. 

Who should I trust to install something like this, and how much would I expect to pay? 

I'm in the Bay Area.

well if you can find TDC on #1 you can do it yourself..BUT if your not that mechanical' you'll have to take it to somebody. It's really quiet easy once you find TDC on the no. 1 compression stroke.

Go online and fine the BMW 2002 123 installation video. I'm watching football or I'd find and send you the link...damn niners are lame without Brieda running the ball....

On 10/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, iinca said:

Hi

No need. The distributor was rebuilt by Advanced Distributors in MN. Jeff makes master pieces! http://advanceddistributors.com/wordpress1/services-2/ 

Thanks Andrew! I always enjoyed talking to you too. You are a wealth of info. All the best!

Regards

Bill P.

Ps. I lil regretful. I'll do another someday...