• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto tranny pulling "whoa nellie" ? Please help. .

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://sleekboata.tripod.com/

I just got this car on the road finally and the trans is chirping the tires when I put it in gear. Pulling very hard at idle when it should not. I can't drive it because it is hard to stop (it is overpowering the brakes.)

Is there an auto tranny FAQ? I was unable to find any info in the archives. How is this thing controlled? I know nothing about automatics. I am assuming that I need to change the fluid and filter and pan seal. But I have no clue on adjusting the "idle" however that works.

TIA

Will

Smyrna, GA

Guest Anonymous

which means its something internal :(

I assume you already checked if your idle is normal.

Guest Anonymous

it'll be hard to restrain when stopped at a traffic light, etc. Check this first...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

will be about 1100-1200. I been driving automatic '02s for 23 yrs., and have never had the problem you're describing. (Currently have a '76 and a '75 auto). Post above about internal problem may be correct.