Pouya

3 piece dash new in box

37 posts / 2519 viewsLast Reply

8 hours ago, resra said:

I'm not certain if any of the 3 pieces is still obtainable. I called BMW and they said last one SOLD in 2016 and still discontinued.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part?id=2552-USA-04-1968-114-BMW-2002&mg=51&sg=30&diagId=51_3370&q=51450395788

That one part is showing as available on Maximillian's website. However, I've been waiting 2 years for an "available" rear bumper rubber for my Touring!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, resra said:

What year Les? I may have a NOS strip. Let me check. 73?

It's a late '73 2002 Touring. Due to the unique back end, the bumper corners & rubber strip are shorter than the sedan's.

I re-used the old strip (doesn't look bad from 20 feet) but it would be nice to have a nice new one as an emergency spare.

DSCN2960crsm.thumb.JPG.b3d8517077e15191c3ca283252af91ef.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

It's a late '73 2002 Touring. Due to the unique back end, the bumper corners & rubber strip are shorter than the sedan's.

I re-used the old strip (doesn't look bad from 20 feet) but it would be nice to have a nice new one as an emergency spare.

DSCN2960crsm.thumb.JPG.b3d8517077e15191c3ca283252af91ef.JPG

I wonder, Les, if the “non-touring” rub strip could be cut down at either end and still look “finished” — as opposed to looking like someone sliced it with a knife?

Not that the “non-touring” rub strip is actually available! I do predict, however, that it will return again. I don’t have equal confidence the touring version will return. 😗

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dosky said:

...I have a 2004 base model car.  I assume your dash will fit my car. ...

Is this year a typo, or are you actually referring to a car manufactured in 2004? This is a forum for the BMW model 2002, which was manufactured from 1966 to 1977 (including sub-models, such as the 1600-2 and 1502).

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1