• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 2000TiLux on ebay...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

very neat bimmer! original condition, Oklahoma car, sounds like it's owned by the local SCCA chapter president.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to take exception to one of his claims....availability of parts. Timmer, you may remember I attempted a restoration on a 67 2000 a few years ago. If you have a 68 many 2002 parts can be adapted, but the 67 was a different animal. Parts were as rare as hen's teeth and hugely expensive when you could find them.

Guest Anonymous

mine is a 1969; the brake discs were a bit more than 2002 discs, they are only $35.00 from Wallothnesch but the shipping almost equals it so I bought the discs, pads, and rear shoes from Bimmer Parts Company, over the winter, and had the brakes done 2 weeks ago, the discs were close to $70.00 each, pads/shoes were on par with 2002's. Unfortunately, the diaphragm in the brake booster went after the new brakes were put in. I bought a used booster from Al Taylor for $60.00, rebuilt ones are $450.00 from La Jolla Independent, 499,00 euros for a rebuilt one at Wallothnesch. I also have new tie rod assemblies and a center link for the 2000, those are the same as the 2002. The sheet metal is fine; I wanted a nice rear center bumper section and it's the same as the roundie 2002 so I lucked out there also, I bought a nice used section from 2002AD a few months ago, for $150.00, excellent plating and straight as an arrow. The car drives very nice, really happy with the engine rebuild. It needs a few trim bits and I'll find them sooner or later.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

1800.jpg

URL: http://thedotcommune.com/NK/index.html

IMO, the 2-headlight version (or square euro headlights) looked better. And I'm more inclined toward the vertical taillights over the horizontal ones, but that's just another debate like the 02 debate of squares versus roundies. Neither the NK's nor the 02s are especially pretty cars and their relative appeal is quite subjective. No beauty contest winners here! Check out Andrey's site for more pics of the different variations.

Just my $.04,

Karl

'65 1800TI

'70 1600-2

'73 2002tii

Guest Anonymous

hmmm, you might have my old brake booster. Wouldn't that be funny?

Brakes are a major issue with these cars made before 68 because they are single circuit.

Guest Anonymous

Al said it was from a 2000 he recently took in. Yeah, some parts for the pre 1969 NK cars can be a bit harder to obtain, nice thing is that Carl Nelson rebuilds calipers for those single circuit cars and has or can obtain just about anything. Well, for now, I just want a good brake booster for my '69 2000, the vacuum leak is really evident when the brake pedal is depressed ( hear the hiss sound ) and then she shudders.

Tim.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://2002bmw.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=4636

I had a 67 which I ended up selling to Karl for only $600. Because it is a rare car that has a very small following I couldn't get any other takers and I needed to downsize my car collection. The parts were VERY hard to get or were major $$. I actually came across pics of it with new paint and different wheels on 2002bmw.com. I know it was my old car because of the lic. plate. I miss it....