• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you identify the cars and the circuit . . . ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Those bankings look like the old Monza

The red car on the left looks like an MGA

The blue one looks like a Sprite

Don't know about the center ca...

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://dalex.741.com

It's Montlhery(Spelling?), outside Paris. I can only guess on the cars but they look like #137: A-H DB4,#207: Lancia Aurelia or an Abarth and #132 is a MGA. Is Montlhery still open, I thought that they were closing it last year?

Guest Anonymous

Rear car is definitely an MGA, and I'm almost certain the middle is a Lancia Aurelia B20, but I think the front car is probably an Austin-Healey - take a look at the upper body line from the doors back as it rises over the rear wheels. Could possibly by an early Triumph as well. If the pic was a little bigger/clearer we'd know for sure.

Guest Anonymous

didn't have that smooth rear fender line. Center car looks like an Alfa Guila or Guiletta coupe--the pix is a little distorted (look how flat the trailing MGA appears) but it may well be an Aurelia...neither were too common in the US way back when...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I'd say the front car is a Lemans AH 100-4 or a 100-S not a 100-6 or 3000.

The center looks like an Abarth and the rear is definately a MGA.

As for the track? Nürburgring ring?

WH

Guest Anonymous

Following that logic - red is Italian Manufacturer

the Green would be a British manufacturer.

The Red Spyder - An Alfa?

The Red Saloon - Lancia - looks too boxy to be an Alfa

The Green - Looks like a healey as others suggest.

Track - no idea. Always wanted to rip around the FIAT rooftop test track tho, the banking trips my mind...

Guest Anonymous

I needed your help as I wasn't positive about the middle and lead cars. The rear is an MGA is a few said, and I think the middle is a Lancia. Now I believe the BRG car in front is an AC model (Bristol or Ace maybe). If you look at the rear of the lead car and think Cobra (which is an AC body on steroids) it looks right. There is some distorition in this shot as it was done with a 20mm so I could get the banking and sky (and even a plane in one of the clouds). Once I find the rest of the film I'll be able to isolate the cars better. I think at the time it was unsafe to use the upper banking.

Guest Anonymous

CalAce-03.jpg

The rear wing/fender curves are about right. Similar shots of Austin healeys and healeys dont have that swoop..

either way, thats a gorgeous picture, the clouds, the almost metallic silkiness of the track...