RamcoNorris

PDX: Looking for BMW Tool 6025

11 posts / 598 viewsLast Reply

Anyone in the Portland area have or know where to get tool 6025 that holds down the rocker arms on the M10 engine so you can remove the cam shaft? I see some posts about making one but would like to find one before I have to resort to making one.

Thanks

Chris

As an alternative, you can use an aluminum rod an knock the rocker shafts out. Really easy to do and the aluminum rod costs about $5 bucks at home depot! If your head isn't all carboned up it takes no more than a few minutes per side to assemble or disassemble. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, roadhog0 said:

As an alternative, you can use an aluminum rod an knock the rocker shafts out. Really easy to do and the aluminum rod costs about $5 bucks at home depot! If your head isn't all carboned up it takes no more than a few minutes per side to assemble or disassemble. 

How do you go about putting the rocker shafts back in?

Same way, just tap them back in. You have to install the springs and C-clip cups as you go so pay attention to the order they come out in. The shafts must go in one way then the retainer holds them in. It's almost as fast as the tool, almost.

• Like 1

Finally was able to figure it out and you're right, super easy. No need for the tool as everything came out easily once I figured out the clips.

Thanks for the help! One step closer to finally driving this thing!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.