• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina A4 Injection System

Brandon

I know of someone making a copy of the inlet manifold, a quality replica of the original casting. 

I have seen it used with Jenvey ITB’s, the issue with the Jenvey on the Alpina manifold from memory was cold start, it needed a bit of clever tinkering to set up a common feed if you see what I mean.

my brother in law had an A4s in the 80’s lovely torquey motor, he sold the whole car for nowhere near the price of the TB’s now....... sigh.

FC7B2B4C-271B-4181-808E-04194467203F.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I’d be interested in that as well please.

Happily - been fun to write it all up and if you had feedback it would be welcome.

I'll create a separate post once its finalized.. its close!

Jason

Edited by JsnPpp
  • Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Hi all. I can give you the mail of a company who sells them in Germany, more expensive then the privateer i know would sell them.

Richy Bauer (gmt-bauer.de) sells them for 3000 euro. 

Here's his mail to contact him :  info@gmt-bauer.de

hope you are informed,

Richard

20180424_211002.jpg

20180424_210938.jpg

Edited by 2002tiil
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, 2002tiil said:

Hi all. I can give you the mail of a company who sells them in Germany, more expensive then the privateer i know would sell them.

Richy Bauer (gmt-bauer.de) sells them for 3000 euro. 

Here's his mail to contact him :  info@gmt-bauer.de

hope you are informed,

Richard

Thank you Richard - interesting. Have you held one and compared with an original? The photos look near identical. Can't tell build quality via photo.

Feels like the price is low for the effort it would take to build all the pieces.  Would be great if some of the ancillary components were separated out in case someone has a partial original system.

Cheers,

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Off hand, just looking at the two pics, I would say the casting quality (from my old eyes) appears to be better than the originals.  The linkages and the rest look like original (repo's) as well, nice they stuck to what worked instead of somehow 'improving' the original design which is so often attempted now (but rarely is a reality).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Off hand, just looking at the two pics, I would say the casting quality (from my old eyes) appears to be better than the originals.  The linkages and the rest look like original (repo's) as well, nice they stuck to what worked instead of somehow 'improving' the original design which is so often attempted now (but rarely is a reality).

I agree, the casting looks really nice - the whole system looks great.

Hard to say.  From my perspective (only), all things being equal (and that 'original A4 unit would have to be completely fresh, with re-bushed throttle shafts etc., etc.,), if they both cost the same, I would probably buy one of these (seriously).  New is generally better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Hard to say.  From my perspective (only), all things being equal (and that 'original A4 unit would have to be completely fresh, with re-bushed throttle shafts etc., etc.,), if they both cost the same, I would probably buy one of these (seriously).  New is generally better.

I agree with Mark's assessment. Keep in mind there are more parts to add (pump, cabling, injection lines, airbox, etc.) as well as even shipping costs. However the price appears fair for what it is.

Candidly I'd like to see it not include the Alpina logo since it isn't technically built by Alpina. Even just leaving it sans logo would be more transparent.

Don't get me wrong, am amazed to see it being built and I'm happy the possibility of off the shelf parts may be available.

Jason

• Like 1

Maybe, Both Heidegger and Alpina knows about these parts are redone and they really don't mind, even with the Alpina logo on it: That must should make you think. A German garage, like Richy Bauer has, would take a great risk to sell these parts if the logo is used in vain, a ticket for that is very high due to use the trademark Alpina. Maybe the castings were remade by the man who made them for Alpina in the first place. Maybe if you ask Anita @ Alpina she could sell you one of these.

It'll take an expert to see differences between the sets. 

So, after there are remakes without the Alpina logo (they are also for sale on the web), you could have with, without logo and even Jenvey or Dbilas (last one i don't recommend): But we're talking about the A4 on this topic, so forget the last 2 mentioned.

Maybe, if you think of wanting one of these items, contact Richy and ask him about the sets: He is very helpfull, so opinions can go to facts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2002tiil said:

Maybe, Both Heidegger and Alpina knows about these parts are redone and they really don't mind, even with the Alpina logo on it: That must should make you think. A German garage, like Richy Bauer has, would take a great risk to sell these parts if the logo is used in vain, a ticket for that is very high due to use the trademark Alpina. Maybe the castings were remade by the man who made them for Alpina in the first place. Maybe if you ask Anita @ Alpina she could sell you one of these.

It'll take an expert to see differences between the sets. 

So, after there are remakes without the Alpina logo (they are also for sale on the web), you could have with, without logo and even Jenvey or Dbilas (last one i don't recommend): But we're talking about the A4 on this topic, so forget the last 2 mentioned.

Maybe, if you think of wanting one of these items, contact Richy and ask him about the sets: He is very helpfull, so opinions can go to facts.

Thanks! I think it is great to have these systems available and yes I don't doubt that its ok with Alpina. Its not like they are building the sets today and this is a cheap knock-off. They look exceedingly well done in the photos - wonderful! Went to the website and also see 235/5 support too. All we need are QR steering boxes now...

And as I said, they can likely make a nice business supplying repair parts too, not just a complete set. Thumbs up.

Cheers,

Jason

• Like 1