• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct me if I'm wrong ..please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

d3dab948.gif

If I'm installing an internally regulated alternator I can just unplug the voltage regulator on my sidewall near the relays? Thanks in advance!

Guest Anonymous

d3dab948.gif

It seems to me that the FAQ seemed to imply that as well but I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

clean engine bay and to uncomplicate wires. Maybe someone will need it some day. They cost about 25 bucks new. I have a couple for some reason. dab some touch up paint on the old holes where the VR was screwed into the fender to prevent rust .

Guest Anonymous

d3dab948.gif

I'm about to try it now with the VR disconnected. What's the deal with the little black box on the back that has the one or two inch wire that plugs onto the male spade connector on the back of the alt? Just curious. Thanks again!

Guest Anonymous

d3dab948.gif

..with or without VR connected. My ground to the engine block is good. The ground to my battery is good. From the harness the red wire is on the B+ post. The blue wire from the old 3 prong female connection is on the D+. I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

lol. i do not know because i have not tempted fate and chanced breaking new stuff, or worse. alternators are set up from the factory/ remanufacturer for operation . I leave them alone, connect good, properly sized wire to them where appropriate, with properly finished , heat shrunk ends and correct fittings , and then I clear my wires into the bundle running along the side or isolate wires against rubbing, heat, etc. standard stuff. good luck. get it running and go have a ride. ////