• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket seat belts

Scottwattz

I have been scouring ebay to find new seat belts for my 76' and there is alot of trash and some that look decent. Anyone have any tips? Seems like they are pretty universal but I remember a "peg" coming off the chassis of the old belts that fit into the frame of the car.

heres the ones I'm looking at but no "peg" Of course, price is a factor. Can't seem to pay $85+ for originals!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-3-Point-Retractable-Adjustable-Safety-Seat-Lap-Belts-Harness-Kit-for-Car-Van/232878243696?fits=Year%3A1976|Make%3ABMW|Model%3A2002|Submodel%3ABase|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A2.0L|Trim%3ABase+Coupe+2-Door|Engine%3A2.0L+1990CC+121Cu.+In.+l4+GAS+SOHC+Naturally+Aspirated&epid=8021092400&hash=item36389fff70:g:9I4AAOSwVuFbaeti

thanks in advance!

Message @bluedevils and see what he has to offer.  Will be more than $70 but will also be quality stuff made in Germany, not no-name stuff of unknown quality from China.  Granted I absolutely love my $8 Chinese washer bottle with integrated pump, but that part is a bit less safety critical than the seat belts. . .

The 'Features' of 'durable and useful' definitely set off my spiney senses a bit, but on the other hand there's a good chance they're still better than the 40 year old ones.

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy
  • Like 2

I have a set of eBay belts that I'd let go cheap.  I upgraded to a set from bluedevil and couldn't be happier.  Does the cheap set work ?  Yes  Can they be a pain in the butt Yup  My complaint is the cheap set is not nearly as smooth as the set from bluedevil.  In this case you really do get what you pay for.

• Like 1

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

DO NOT BUY THE ONE IN THE EBAY LISTING. I BOUGH IT AND IT WAS CRAP. I was installing a set in a 1600GT and that ebay listing had the thinnest metal EVER!

This it the set i ended using and it was WAY nicer. Good metal, nice retractors. 10x nicer than the ebay version!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garen-Universal-3-point-Retractable-Replacement-Seat-Belt-with-Metal-Stalk-PAIR/702284240

Edited by Stevenc22
  • Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

I replaced my front seatbelts with Securon seatbelts. Seems to be a British company.
I bought mine on ebay UK. Direct replacement, and pretty solid product.
I can’t recall the part #, but their website is pretty user-friendly, and easy to understand.
Not cheap, but I’m really happy with the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+100 on bluedevils. If Al is still doing belts they are well done. A new set went into my 72tii.

+1 on the Securon belts. I got a set to upgrade my 73 Alfa to 3 point belts. Vick Autosport had a kit with custom brackets and the belts were off the shelf securons.

Seem well made, but a touch too long for my spider. Either need to shorten the belts or put on some weight.

• Like 1

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

1 minute ago, zellet said:

I don’t know what a Spider is, but they fit the 2002 well. 

A spider/spyder is an convertible Italian car - also appropriated by non-Italian marques.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif