• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Do the IE Air Dam?

jrhone

Nice packing job on the Kamei repro air dam from Pierre but was unable to convince my wife that it was 'just another poster' for the Shop.  Quick test fit looked good.  Will go with a gasket and nutserts so it can be removed when I am off-roading.  ?

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

So, I'm about to list the used IE air dam I purchased a few years back, and noticed a Zender imprint on the back.  Is the IE air dam just a Zender part?  Manufactured by Zender for IE?  Or does IE have nothing to do with this air dam?    Confoosed.  

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Drilled in some nutserts and mounted up the Kamei repro airdam this weekend.  Will remove and re-install it with the gasket at some point before driving season (about 2 weeks in duration) begins up here.   Will have the bumper openings filled and get it painted when I bring the car in for some touch-up work (and removal of some rust in the fuel tank area).  Looking for a reasonably priced quality local body shop to do that work... 

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

• 4 years later...

Pierre is still producing the Kamei as of 2023. Just received one for the 76. Nicely done, fiberglass and strong.

The blue sled was a running/driving barn find. At some point in the past life it was hit front left, and a half front was 

welded in and not done well. Looked ok until you got into it. Profile of lower section is slightly off, so work will need to be done on the Kamei to fit correctly.  

Front painted.jpg

"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive”  Robert M. Pirsig

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

On 1/13/2019 at 9:59 AM, reyes02 said:

Did anyone else have trouble installing this? Mine has about 1 1/2 gap on the driver side. Passenger side fits good though

- Reyes

I know this is an old post but saw this and this is exactly my situation. I found it an interesting coincidence.

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)