• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back from a lap-til-you-drop test day.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

With a few friends we organized a vintage lapping day mixed with some modern machinery. 3 groups sharing a track for the whole day. Jumping from one session to another with a different group was allowed. I managed to have 7 or 8 sessions, with 2 pairs back to back. Exhausting.

Anyway the car behaved very nicely. Running a bit hotter than I wished though. Too bad I have to switch to Webers to be accepted by certain Vintage clubs. C'est la vie. But that was aan extremely fun event where there were 2 Datsun 510 and wich I diced. There was also a Fiat 850 Abarth, the usual 914 and a nice Ginetta G4.

The whole day cost each of the 22 participants the huge amount of $80 cdn or around $60 usd. Cheap.

I may have pictures soon.

Guest Anonymous

26-2876327.JPG

Lime Rock fee for 4 - 20 min. sessions is $200 clams now

How is the power now mit WEBER induction compared to your EFI ? Tell us (with pics)about your carb set-up

..... and tell us about the cars you beat-up on

Guest Anonymous

Still working on the intercooler bogus for now, but it look like it will be worth every minutes of work !!

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

E.U. at least. Frankly, yellow has much better contrast at night. What C.D. is running is yellow lenses that fit over the normal white headlights for use on Brit's trips to France. Most yellow headlight cars would have clear lenses with yellow bulbs, but at least BMW and Alfa had yellow reflectors with white bulbs. Looks hot with Golf and Ceylon colored BMWs.

Guest Anonymous

nailed fast using them at night. If you want to test how yellow lights are, get yellow Saran-Wrap and put it over your headlights. It looks perfect and it peels right off. A friend got nailed even with that setup, twice by the same cop who was not happy the second time. That was in Pasadena, so don't bring it to O'fest. Yellow bulbs make the headlights look pretty normal when off, but don't look as cool.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSTalboc.html

you can't , it's a Brit Swap Meet Thang. Hard to find, and no demand for parts hounds to return from England with ill-leagal yellow headlight covers. I was 'lucky' to find a new england area swap guy who thought it might be a good sell here. I have fun with then protecting my costy CIBIE headlights while at track days . Now , If I can figure out how to keep E46 M3's from pebble blasting my almost new windsheild ! I can stay in front of them only as long as there's corners - They kill me up the straights.

Guest Anonymous

They had the yellow fog lights which were excellent at cuting thru the deep fog. And they had the regular yellow headlamp which had (supposedly) the advantage of not blinding incoming traffic. It dd notblind incoming traffic only because the light intensity was... dimmer. No kidding. When I was younger and drove in France, I found night driving very difficult. But hey, those were the seventies. The decade of all experimentations...

Guest Anonymous

And for a few extra $ you can even lay your hands all ocer her. But That is for perverts. You're not one. Are you?