• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wierd Billstein problem. . .

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm putting a set of Sports in (and taking the HD's out). I have one front Sport that just will not go all the way into the tube. Very wierd. The HD's go into either strut tube, and one of the Sports would go into either tube, and one of the Sports would not go into either tube (stopped at the same place).

I can't measure any difference in diameter, nor is the tube bent. Very strange.

John N

Guest Anonymous

31-7311485.JPG

I had same situation 4 years ago re-building my car, and others mentioned it here in last few days.

You have eliminated that it's a fault with the strut tub being bent or dented because the HD's fit both , and , one SPORT fits both .

As I also found with my NEW SPORTS , by pushing in and out severl times , makes a mark on the new SPORT from inside the tube , marking the high spot on the outside of the SPORT insert. With a nice sharp flat file, work off the high spot till the SPORT drops all the way into the tube. Be sure to clean out all dirt inside the tube and re-coat with oil to prevent rusting.

Guest Anonymous

Is it just me or does CD rock with all the nice pics?

Saves me from opening up my haynes just to find ALMost the right angle pic

Keep up the nice pics Mr. encyclopedia. I for one LOVE it.

Guest Anonymous

Problem turned out to be a extra thick layer of paint at the bottom of the shock tube (right above the end cap). A couple swipes with a file and all better now.

Car looks much better lowered with the H&R springs too!

Cheers!

John N