• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 2002, Verona $23k to FAQ members

Tlambert

If you hang around on this forum long enough you'll know exactly what the market value of your 02 is.

The question is  ..the Verona or the Colorado? I've had a Colorado and it was amazing. Nowadays I'd be afraid to park it on any city street for more than an hour.

The Verona would be my choice. Then again I'd have to drive both and make a realistic decision. All things equal RED RED I LOVE RED! (I don't drive 55!!!)

Note: the tii that sold for around 95 grand at Pebble Beach f*cked up everyone's sense of value. Now alot of folks seem to believe their car is worth a small ransom too. Ask that ediot Jon Kirkegaard at Select Classics. He thinks any and all tii's are worth over 40 grand not matter what condition

Edited by iinca

53 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I believe most ‘02 owners — well, at least one, me — are simply frustrated would-be 911 owners...

Well said.

I would hate to say I would prefer a 911 over my 2002 - particularly now that I have had it for a while and put a time, etc., into it. 

But.... I was looking for a 911 for over a year solid and starting looking at 2002s a little later.  Got to the point where I was like, well, whichever one I find first for the price point is what I would get.  And as it happened, this is what found me first.  I don't regret it. But, it is what it is.

• Like 2

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

Not surprised. 02's are much cheaper. Find a 911 comparable to either of the cars in question and how much would it cost? 3 times...4 times as much... I'm afraid to ask.

Our cars make better touring cars...and daily drivers!!! Old 911's give me headache after 30 minutes..all that NVH and stuff..

Steve's note sorta reminded me of an "Antiques Roadshow" that I watched recently where the guy was asked what he thought was the value of a pair of  18th century family portraits, and the owner said "well, it's family and it really doesn't matter"...and the appraiser said, .."well, for insurance purposes, I would estimate $35-40 thousand",  to which the owner said "you want to buy them?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

WOW. really?  What does what he paid for it, have to do with its value.  If it was a gift from his wife, should he offer it for free?   It what if he paid 500k for it?  Should he ask that?  It’s worth what it’s worth.  

• Like 3

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

It will depend on the market, time of year & what the potential buyer is willing pay, IMO the car is worth anywhere from $25k to 30k.

I own a 1975 2002, and between the car, parts, labor, bumper conversion and a/c am in it for $20k

Maybe next year it will get a glass out paint job ..so it will push even more, this baby is very nice looking, about the only thing I can see that needs attention is the dash.

Roundies are very sought after and this baby has a factory sunroof !

• Like 1