• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where do I get a roundel steering wheel horn button

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

5.JPG

I have the momo one (above). I'm one of those cheeseballs that likes to have the roundel splattered everywhere - where can I get one like that?

Guest Anonymous

I have a steering wheel similar to yours and just used the stick on roundel for the stock steel hubcaps. These are available at most 02 suppliers. The decal is somewhat rounded but will stick to the button without slipping.

Guest Anonymous

I used the Roundel emblem for a 14" bottlecap, which required a little trimming of the edge to fit the MOMO horn button. It looks pretty good, but not perfect. The BMW logo police would notice that the outer edge silver circle is missing now. Are you saying the emblem is different (smaller) for a steel wheel?

Richard

'00 M5

'88 M3

'67 1600-2

all with roundels on their steering wheels

Guest Anonymous

putting a sticker on top of the clear plastic? I had a horn button once where it was underneath - so I assume you are suggesting I somehow disassemble the button and put the sticker in there...please clarify, thx

Guest Anonymous

This because I have one in my Momo wheel. I got it when I bought the hub, so I have no idea where to get one, I'm sure some momo supplier should have one.

I think you should be able to dis-assemble and add a roundel from a wheel center cap, but I haven't done it so not sure.

Good luck!

------------

BigDog

'76 2002 Momo

Guest Anonymous

All I can come up with is that they used to make them but don't

anymore. I checked with a Momo dealer here and overseas and both

said they are no longer available. I might try the sticker route....after

finals :)

Dewar

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

like the Sparco button i received by accident from a vendor. it came with a Sparco sticker, like a Roundel sticker ,for me to put on the horn button. Good luck with the quest.///

Guest Anonymous

Got a nice new Monte Carlo wheel, need a bmw button for it. 3 months ago I went looking for one - it seems that Wilco, who brought the momo gear into the us, went out of business and was bought out. I can't remember the new company, but that is probably becasue they told me BMW didn't renew the license for momo to produce the roundel for them. What's out there is it, or the wheel hub sticker route, which is what I'll wind up doing. My experience only - hope a better answer is out there.

Guest Anonymous

I was looking for a horn button myself a few years ago, and was

informed that BMW lawyers had nixed after-market roundels.

However, if you can find a BMW motorcycle reflector kit, it contains the

perfect horn button, albeit intended for a motorcycle. It required

removing a tiniy amount of material from the circumference, but

otherwise fits perfectly.

Ian

'76 M2002

Guest Anonymous

The Roundel emblem (trimmed down as I stated) goes on top of the MOMO button. Sticks well (made to stick on wheels which of course is a much harsher environment), looks good. I can't show you a pic because the car is in the shop getting an S14, and will be there a good long while. I had pictures on my digital camera which was unfortunately stolen recently.

When I tried to buy a Roundel horn button for the MOMO wheel I was told the same thing that others have mentioned: BMW will not allow aftermarket companies to make Roundels, trademark infringement.

Richard

'00 M5

'88 M3

'67 1600-2

Guest Anonymous

roundel1.jpg

I disassembled mine...this my not be very period correct, but:

I found one of those nice high res roudel images, and using some photo editing skills got it to perfect size and printed on high quality photo paper and put it under the plastic..