• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Indicator Trouble

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all. We had the typical 1-Blinkie on the dash indicator problem. I tinkered with the flasher relay and got the left side to work correctly. I finally saved my pennies and took out a home equity loan to buy a new BMW flasher relay.

We plugged it in and the green indicator light on the panel stays on all the time. It gets brighter when it blinks, but it never goes off.

Any Ideas?

Guest Anonymous

The flasher is located on the high left side of the drivers side, under the dash (remove panel under dash with 4 screws). It's held in place with a metal spriong clip that you can't see, just push it straight up and it comes out of the mounting hole in the body panel.Has a 4 wire connector plugged into it.

Guest Anonymous

via the flasher switch, and sometimes those switches go a bit wonky. If you can borrow a known good switch and temporarily swap 'em, it'll either confirm or deny the switch's involvement in the problem.

If that checks out, take a close look at the turn signal switch itself. They wear out too.

The above presumes that all four turn signal bulbs are nice and bright, and there are no grounding issues with any of 'em...

Post what you find...

Mike

PS--remember, even new parts can be defective...