Roeland-02

4 speed transmission fluid

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Good morning and thanks for your input.

I found the red line trans fluid and changed it 2 days ago. I am getting my car ready for a road trip from fonthill. Ontario to Nashville Tennessee. This is about 1250km 2x. Just replaced my convertible roof, center mount of drive shaft. And some other smaller things.

Good luck!  I just did a long trip up the James Bay Road - it was a lot of fun!

We did a Road trip video, it's a bit long, but could get you into the '02 roadtrip mood:

Watched the complete video. Nice how you filmed everything and even use a drone. 
I hope the back roads to Nashville will be in better shape then the roads you had.

What year is your car?  Overheating was something that is a common problem but after i start using shell V-power i don't have any problems anymore.

Thanks, the car is a '68 - It's actually a 1600-02 that was rebadged and a 2l swap at some point in its life.

We only had overheat issues on super-hot days when in traffic - never touched the red but it came close.

Before the trip I did several rad flushes - which helped a lot, but it is still a concern...  I've been running Ultra 94 which the car seems to really like, but on that trip, especially on the James Bay Road we had terrible gas.  The car has never dieseled so much on shut down.

Still, I get some dieseling from time to time, so I might have a timing/mixture issue...  Gonna get the local BMW carb pro to take a look and if that doesn't give a solid temp I'll probably do an electric fan and a newer rad, but until then I'll give the V-Power a shot on the next tank.