• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outing Someone Is Dicey

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

......which probably means a good month plus, of efforts to communicate before doing so. Also, checking into/around to see if something did happen to the person. What happened to a very valued person here vis-a-vis an auto accident to a loved one could easy happen to a person that didn't go public. You have no idea except to feel like you were ripped off. Maybe even going through official channels like Ebay, etc...before hitting into a person's community would be beneficial.

Go easy, be patient....it's a relatively instant gratification world and sometimes our own internal pressures, worries about getting ripped off and past experiences, do intrude upon our assessment of a situation or a person.

I know this situation got resolved and resolved well, but it was kinda painful to watch.

Guess, I'm sticking my neck out making a comment on this, but I feel that its worth it.

As for my own bias, I'm a little sensitive since I did sell some things on Ebay that other's had sold as well. It really isn't a good/great product. Course, I sold it for less than $10 while other's tried to get much more. So, I feel good selling something inferior for cheap but I've read some scathing comments and that makes me wonder if I ripped anyone off.

Anyway.......there's fun things to read here, funny things to read here, informative things to read here, and naturally....sometimes unpleasant things to read here.

Best,

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

Guest Anonymous

it is too easy to rant on a website and then retract after the fact - but in some cases the retraction does not undo the harm.

Guest Anonymous

We are a bit more close-knit than most public commerce-oriented forums. What I got out of this one is another potential parts source who has been vouched for. Someone who encountered an adverse incident and made good. Good word-of-mouth is the best advertising. The customer who complains and lets you correct an issue is the best kind, because you get a chance to find out what is wrong - which helps you be a better service provider - and gives you the chance to fix a problem and keep a customer. And the ones who come back are the ones you really need.

Guest Anonymous

I appreciate people stepping up and giving some backing. But I can also understand that people/customers need reinforcement from the company/sellers that "yes, I received your payment" and "yes, the item has been shipped" I feel that it is a good business practice to inform the customer of these milestones in a transaction. And as time consuming as it may be, I'm going to assimilate the practice of sending notification into my small, spare-time BMW 2002 parts business.

Thanks to everyone

(Hey Reid....you da man.....you gonna sell me your Turbo?)

02MonsterMike

2002 Monster Garage

Waterford, MI

Guest Anonymous

thurs night. if your gonna be in ann arbor sometime, come check it out and ill give you a ride before it hits the auction block. hahaha......see what it fetches i guess! its too bad that this board got to the point it has, so many tight wads and know it alls running around, i rarely even post anymore for fear of being yelled at. Its almost as bad as the Isetta board i no longer visit. You can be my parts pimp any day mike, F the rest of these fools. -Reid