• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 BC Owner's Group is going for a drive on June 6.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

17_small.jpg

URL: http://www.seethefraservalley.com/hope/slide/slide.htm

And we'd like invite all of our neighbours to come along. Alberta, BC, Washington, Oregon, or anyone else from any other state or province who would like to come along. Well, errr...with the possible exception of the boys from Arkansas! ;-)

Anyway, we'll be travelling through the Fraser Valley, past Hope, and up the Hope - Princeton Highway(see link), ending up at the top of Manning Park. (see Dean's pic above). If anyone here knows the Sea to Sky highway, this one PUTS IT TO SHAME!

It will be a long day, and can be demanding on your car, so be prepared. The date is afr enough away to make it possible to get your cars ready. We'll be leaving Surrey in the early morning, and should be home by late afternoon, or early evening.

Al

ps - If anyone drive their 02 all the way from Arkansas, I will give you a FREE carpet set for it!

Guest Anonymous

Coquihala is a marvelous road for doing twice the posted limit in a '99 911S4, don't ask me how I know...

Agreed tho, I always wanted to drive the 'other one' and I love HOPE, I spend more than my share at the Hope liquor store every year!

You think a chainsaw carving bear will fit in my trunk?

--------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

Post suspension.JPG

URL: http://www.seamsperfect.ca

Ahh yes, I see it now. You're right, the Coq is a fine high speed highway, unless the weather goes wrong. It claimed the life of my aunt last year, while on here way down to Surrey. Trevor and I drove through all 4 seasons on the Coq last summer while coming back from Calgary.

The Crow's Nest is much nicer. In fact, I've NEVER done that road, and not seen a bear!

Al

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Vermont, just outside of Stowe, VT. Passed by the collection for many years when I lived in Stowe and worked in Waterbury. All kinds of large mammal carvings for you to choose from.You can have a Ben and Jerry's ice cream at THE factory after you have loaded your artwork. It is across the road, more or less. The bears are over 6 feet tall!

Guest Anonymous

on holiday a few years back.

Stayed at that inn right where the road to Stowe drops out to the main highway in Waterbury. Had some good coffee from the Green Mtn roasters too.

Ice cream- it's not just for breakfast anymore.