• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reconditioned Clardy A/C system

Themis

Price: $400

Description:

For sale a reconditioned, and mostly (but not entirely) complete Clardy air conditioning system, from a 1976 2002.

It includes:

1. Front panel. It has a crack where seen in the photo, otherwise OK condition. The vent grills are not broken, and they rotate freely. I bought two brand new switches of the proper type with new knobs (fan speed switch and temperature sensor), which are located left and right top-side.

2. Side panels. Intact, great shape

3. Compressor bracket and arm. Original ones, cleaned and powder-coated satin black

4. Crankshaft pulley, great shape, powder-coated black

5. Evaporator unit. Opened it up, cleaned and pressure tested the little radiator inside. Installed brand new motor, with new cage. Installed new valve, sealed everything properly and closed it. Works great and quiet.

This system should get you 70% of where you'd be if you bought a brand new ICEAC system, for $2k. The parts that are not included are a condenser (broken), fan (dead), and compressor (rusty boat anchor).

Those who have bought parts for me know that I am a stickler for quality, I wouldn't sell anything I would not put in my 2002. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_20180728_172952309_LL.jpg

IMG_20180728_172859537_LL.jpg

IMG_20180728_172921524_LL.jpg

IMG_20180728_172934041_LL.jpg

IMG_20180728_172831510_LL.jpg

Edited by Themis
Added photos

A great AC system.

The AC pulley is a nice addition to the kit.
FYI - The compressor bracket will need new rubber bushings to isolate the mount or keep it from moving around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SaharaX2
Additional info

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

Thanks! The evaporator is practically brand new (other than the shell and the core).

Luckily, the motor, and its cage, are still being made. Actually, the new version has an improved clamp to attach the motor to the cage; the original one had a little rickety metal band, that I decided not to use.

SaharaX2, you're right about the rubber bushings for the bracket. 

I'm moving, and I'd rather not carry it with me.  

Edited by Themis
corrected description

Themis,

Might I get some info on the replacement motor and cage unit. Good info for my Clardy unit, have been running mine since 1985 and like to have parts on hand or nearby.

Thanks !!

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

To all, This is a good opportunity to get your car air conditioned cheap.

FYI  - I have no affiliation with Themis.

I splurged this year and have an Iceauto air system in my ‘75, which I love, but I like the Hobie Dave Sanden compressor mount better than what came with the Iceauto air kit.

I sold my Clardy system to a good home.  

With these parts, a Hobie Dave compressor bracket, a Sanden compressor, fan, hoses and “ Just Needs a Recharge” by  Rob Siegel, you can be on your way to a cool drive.

• Like 1

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

• 2 years later...