• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

window moves too much side to side on my '72

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok here is the deal I have been getting water in at the top of the glass and yesterday I adjusted the window so it would go up more and now the glass tends to move side to side about 2 inches from the top. What do I need to do so that it is not doing that. Also I haven't driven this car for a long time and the rubber door gasket has lost its shape. In other words it has sunken in where it shouldn't. Is their something that will bring back the form? This is on my 1972.

Thanks, ben

Guest Anonymous

thnysm.jpg

URL: http://dalex.741.com

Just adjusted mine. Are we talking about from front to back of the window(i.e. the top of the window doesn't mate evenly with the door gasket)? If this is so, it probably is the back clamp on the bottom of the window. I found that when I replaced my vent window, the first thing that I did after ensuring the vent window aligned with the door gasket was to adjust stop tab on the front of the window. This kept the window from going up to far. Next, I adjusted the two bolts in the back of the window track. I used the window in half way up and fully up position for this. The halfway up is most important as you want to keep the window tracking in the front track (vent window channel).

Dave