• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$Make offer!? GO TO PAGE 3-4 for current 1991 318is For Sale

ant131313

On 7/30/2018 at 8:24 AM, cagedbunny said:

They earned the nicknames "Baby M3" and "Poor-man's M3" for having the same revving/tossable feel, but without the $10K+ engine price tag.

FYI, "back in the day" Precision Automotive Research made a "kit" for this car. S14 cams, uprated sway bars, shocks, springs, and a few other tweaks. It outperformed the M3 due to, in part, the weight.

So, for not much coin you get a great sleeper car, much like the Italian and Portuguese E30 M3s, smaller displacement but no loss in performance.

• Like 1

I have 5 cars, 3 garage slots, with 2 restorations in progress.

I will say that in 1991 I had the choice to either buy a new  318iS for $10K or restore my 2002. I chose the restoration thinking that I could do it for the same $10K. Two years later, I added up all the costs for the restoration, $24K in parts. My labor, of course was free.

It's a very nice car; I wish I needed one.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Thumbs up 318is for sale!

1991 BMW 318is
Late production date of 01/91 with no pin-striping from factory model
Brilliantrot over natur cloth (rare combo)
Sunroof version 
Clean carfax with NO accidents 
All original survivor with matching VIN's everywhere possible and dealer inspection stamps too!
Factory Original: paint, interior, dash (with no cracks!), windows/glass with production stickers, wheels (never repainted), M42 motor, tool kit, jack set with BMW center cap remover even, spare wheel/tire, BMW leather holder with ALL manuals/docs from factory, BMW debut memorabilia items included
Verified original 167k miles on odometer still rolling
9.5 out of 10 overall survivor condition; near MINT
ALL services/maintenance performed the past 3 years and no stone left un-turned with OEM parts from ECS tuning along with new tires in correct size/speed
Strong/even above 205 compression #'s across all 4 cylinders!
Not original but OEM factory refresh: Front OEM spoiler and rear spoiler resprayed in Brilliantrot, front fog lights replaced with OEM new, shift knob OEM (have original knob to go with sale), New OEM BMW foam pads under hood.
Near Show ready/road tour ready with couple finishing touches for it's forever home. 

Blemishes: Couple tears in original cloth on rear upper section of seats, and tiny blemish on driver door card barely noticeable. (cleanest cloth interior I've seen yet on any)
Rear battery box has rust forming so eventually needs new box section; $500 fix.
AC needs Evap. & Condenser to blow cold again- $500 fix.

Pictures will speak everything but in person is even more amazing on her originality and condition; truly remarkable and she looks like she only has about 50k original miles when people see her out and about. I've poured my heart and soul into this car and have over 260 hours in just the cosmetic refreshing/cleaning with my hands over the years alone, not to mention the labor and OEM parts list with everything being addressed to be a collection piece for our family. I was holding for my kids college fund for later b/c of value increases and them tracking right behind the e30 m3's in values the next 5-15 years and beyond but my wife and I decided to sell our collection and save for now to become debt free in the next 2-3 years. After that, I will then start holding a collection again for the future. I never thought I'd sell this car TBH and it's painful even listing her for sale officially. Such is life and I want to make hard/smart decisions now to set my family up for the future sir. Thank you for your interest in Miss Red. 
$16,500

Here is my girl: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ld...1OAyS-oE5yRafE
Edited by ant131313

Price lowered to $15,500
New OEM parts the past 3 years from ECS tuning:

New spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, fuel system treatment x2 (M42 motor was refreshed in 2002)
New fluids including oil x2, brake, power steering, coolant, rear end
New brakes all 4 corners including rotors, pads, lines, hard lines
New front struts with mounts, and rear shocks with mounts 
New (4) tires in correct 195/65/14 h rated 
Alignment x2
New bushings and rubber including dropping rear subframe
New guibo and carrier 
New tie rods
New AC dryer and seals along with expansion valve to go with sale (AC need finishing items in Evap. & Condenser to blow cold again; easy fix)
New shifter bushing kit and knob
New battery
Exhaust and undercarriage coated to protect against rust the next 20 years