• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive 2002 Auction on Aug 4, 2018

Kellmotors

Price: $100

Description:

Auction link.

Pete Kell was a gifted mechanic and passionate restorer of classic BMWs. He recently died of a sudden heart attack, and our family is reeling.

He left us with two partially restored 2002s (1972 and 1973), as well as a large quantity of 1970s BMW parts (motors, transmissions, suspension, body parts, hoods, window glass, interior parts, BMW wheels). His old shop is also for sale (Pennsburg, PA), along with a massive amount of quality shop equipment, a Kubota B20 tractor, and many non-2002 cars (a Chevy Rollback, two Dodge Rams, and a ton of Subaru’s). 

We will sell all of this and more by auction on August 4th. We hope it goes to people who love it as much as he did. 

More information here.

Photos here.

EA537D0A-7DFB-4640-9C1E-E010204BFFB7.jpeg

Edited by Kellmotors
Text formatting was wonky

2 minutes ago, QuestionableSource said:

Terribly sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Q.

Thank you. It’s been especially hard on my dad (Pete’s older brother). They were lifelong best friends, bonded over cars and sports, and got each other through everything. He’s been having trouble processing all of this because we never saw it coming. I’m just trying to help out wherever I can right now. 

That's terrible news.  So sorry for your loss.  

Checked out the pix link, and there is some VERY nice stuff up for sale.  Wish I wasn't across the country...I'd be there.  GLWS!

Squares need love, too....
'76 Polaris '02; '76 Granatrot '02 (20th US car built for '76); '76 Schwarz '02 (acquired 9/20/17)

1 minute ago, swizman said:

That's terrible news.  So sorry for your loss.  

Checked out the pix link, and there is some VERY nice stuff up for sale.  Wish I wasn't across the country...I'd be there.  GLWS!

Thank you. He was wonderful and one of the only people I know who truly loved his job. 

We’re planning for online bidding prior to the 4th as well, if you’re interested. I’ll update this post with more information as the auctioneer provides it. 

50 minutes ago, ohgodno said:

Sorry for your loss. I think I may be able to make this.

I hope you do. I’d love to have his stuff in the hands of people who care. I’m his niece, and I’ll be there and happy to say hi if you make it!

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I hope forum members recognize that at least one of the unfinished project BMW’s is a 1972 2002tii.

I hope the auction goes well.

Respectfully,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 minute ago, Conserv said:

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I hope forum members recognize that at least one of the unfinished project BMW’s is a 1972 2002tii.

I hope the auction goes well.

Respectfully,

Steve

Hi Steve!

Thanks for the info regarding the 2002tii! My dad was lucky enough to get one of Pete’s perfectly finished tii’s in Inka Orange with cute round tail lights, and it is a thing of beauty. So much personality in such a gorgeous car. He was truly an artist. 

My dad is way more familiar with the years and models than myself or likely the auctioneer (he worked with Pete on many cars over the years), so I’ll have him look over the pictures and auction info and ensure that everything is accurate. 

Thank you you again for bringing this to my attention!

19 minutes ago, sdjaytee said:

Sorry for the loss, will there be anyway to bid online?

Thank you for your interest and your condolences. 

I’m working on it! The auction house has proven difficult to work with and has no idea how to follow through on the promised online auction, so I’m going to see if I can list some items on eBay. I’ll update this post as we figure out the details.

59 minutes ago, Kellmotors said:

Thank you for your interest and your condolences. 

I’m working on it! The auction house has proven difficult to work with and has no idea how to follow through on the promised online auction, so I’m going to see if I can list some items on eBay. I’ll update this post as we figure out the details.

Thanks a bunch, plenty of stuff in those pics id like to bid on