2002#2

Finished tii Restoration

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well done! Looks great! Really liking that subframe color.  Love the freshened up hardware too.  Did you revive the axles too or buy them as is? 

Friends,

I will post some representative photos of the final (well, I do have a few more things to do) results of the project soon.  Meanwhile, here are photos of what came out of and what went into the car during rehabilitation of the underbelly (suspension, clutch, brakes, diff, and axles).

Larry

PS:  Steve, you have shamed me into thinking seriously about putting an angle grinder to the rear bumper...

832383786_IMG_E6812(1).thumb.jpg.5da714b7ef19c3643f8f7ed171d5fefb.jpg420864623_OMD53849(1).thumb.jpg.ab8d5db5b7e7ec35387cce12c47e4ff7.jpg

Excellent craftsmanship!!! Looks great, !! I can see you took your time with the details...it’s all about the details...
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 2002#2 said:

....PS:  Steve, you have shamed me into thinking seriously about putting an angle grinder to the rear bumper...

Then my work here is done!  😋

The car is just so drool-worthy!

Best regards,

Steve

12 hours ago, Conserv said:

you really need to cut the rear bumper and install Euro license plates lights

No need to cut.  Euro center rear bumper sections are still available from BMW--and since US (uncut ones) aren't you'll have no trouble selling the newly plated one you have.

mike

• Like 3

Beautiful results.  Love the lowered stance.  what suspension springs are those?  And how does it ride?

Enjoy 

Some of you wanted to see photos of the interior of the rehabbed tii.  Attached.  I gutted the interior and did a rehab as follows

• Steering Wheel:  The best part of the entire car!  This steering wheel is from the 1973 Rivera 2002 my wife and I drove as our only car for 34 years.  Therefore, I quite enjoy being well qualified to love both square tails and roundies.
  • Door Panels:  new boards (Aardvark Racing), batting, and vapor barrier
  • Sound Deadening:  fake Dynamat; chimney sealer; just as good; much, much less expensive (Lowe's)
  • Carpet (Esty)
  • Front Seats:  E21; German corduroy and vinyl (Aardvark Racing)
  • Rear Seats:  original; German corduroy and vinyl covers (Aardvark Racing)
  • Radio:  ~1974 Blaupunkt with an ear-shattering 4x6 speaker; MP3 Jack
  • Floor Mats:  Chequers (Coco)
  • Glovebox (Flock It!)
  • Handbrake:  tight; no slop at all; four clicks and locked (williamgruff kit)
  • Fire Extinguisher:  halon; under driver's seat (Bracketeer)
  • Seatbelts:  original; refurbished (Al "bluedevils")
  • Enigma Orange Button:  manual On/Off for electric cooling fan

Larry

IMG_5024.thumb.jpg.095266e8e7f3425dbee4580e0bb02af2.jpgIMG_5026.thumb.jpg.f98ac0b8d65e347500071089ab0fb4fc.jpgOMD51914.thumb.jpg.e78294f3cfb356def161d3993dba3e0a.jpg

• Like 8

Driving it is the best way to sort things out. Keep a pad of paper with you as you drive.

But...looks like it will be a short list.