• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

get those 2002's going: Hwy 1 is open !!

1 hour ago, Doug Riparetti said:

The "Monterey Bay Area BMW 2002" group is trying to put together a drive South on Hwy 1,

Let me know if that's something y'all may want to do. Trying to decide on Saturday July 28th, or Sunday the 29th. Thoughts?

Salute'

Hey Doug,

Can’t do July..

Just wondering if you guys have anything planned for the week of Pebble Beach. Trying to get down there around that time. If the planets align (doubt it) I may even drive my refurbished 02 (4 years and counting) down from Oregon. (Really doubt it)  

No not entering any contests...

But would like to meet a few of you guys. 

Cheers!

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

...and the RVs are already all over it.  

1 in the summer is super frustration- and that was ages ago!

t

get off my lawn!

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

10 hours ago, Simeon said:

I will book the shipping container 

?

I would believe I would enjoy a drive down Highway 1 much more in a RHD auto. Heading south, that would put you closer to the Ocean/Cliffs edge as the driver and finally get a nice front row seat at the awesome view everyone talks about. ?

• Like 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

41 minutes ago, arminyack said:

I would take that on my way to Monterey this year...

I SO wanted to drive down to Monterey again this year.  Almost pulled it off but too much going on at home.

I was hoping or expecting the local group to put on a party for the 50th anniversary of the 2002.  A low-key barbeque or something befitting our motley crew of enthusiasts.

Someone should do a sticker at least "Party Like It's 2002"  Fiftieth Anniversary.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

as an unofficial & unlicensed 2002 Tour Guide to some things Hwy 1 .....

Morro Bay, Tognazzini's Too on the Embarcadero, bbq'ed oysters drizzled with garlic butter, $2 each.  I had a dozen for breakfast this morning ..... and I'll be back tomorrow morning .....

here's some of the evidence .....    image.png.a5c19911a593a0e5c91b446cb33d91ab.png

here's the view ......

image.png.82b0fcd7bc3b4bb0b5d9b88e73a63b15.png

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 2