• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A pair of GTU '02s and some Alfalfa for flavoring (not Memor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

(All shots are rejects that have sat in a Kodak Carousel since 1976 unviewed. I'm still glad they exist today)

IMSA Camel GT/GTU, Ontario Motor Speedway, May 1976. The first shot here is only to let you see the spectators sitting/hanging on the catch-fence as there was absolutely no crowd control:

ont2.jpg

Same corner, same car, different lap, better shot:

ont4.jpg

How's that rear offset?

ont6.jpg

So you can see the front since too much contrast:

ont7.jpg

And the side:

ont3.jpg

Alfalfa:

ont5.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Man, they really rip at the Wine Country Classic. It's awesome seeing them out there with all those big brutes of Trans Am cars...

Guest Anonymous

a shot of an '02 at the OMS race that has a IROC Carrera rear-wing grafted onto the trunk! And since you mentioned the Nova/Omega/whatever from Seven-Ups, there was a Nova running the West Coast IMSA races too!

Guest Anonymous

won by Jochen Rindt in an Alfa GTA.

The front row included AJ Foyt in the #4 Mustang and Scott Harvey in the #1 Barracuda.

Ford won the 1966 manufacturers cup in the first season...

Guest Anonymous

HSR-West event, my first race...I brought up the rear with a big old smile on my face. Seeing those Brecht cars blow my doors off all weekend was something I'll never forget. Those boys have skills...and some nicely prepped 02's. Nice guys to boot.(This weekend made me realize just how far I still have to go with my car and skill level to catch up to the front of that pack, looking forward to trying though...) I'll post some pics later.

-s

• 17 years later...

17 years later!!  Holy thread resurrection.

Rial -- I’m afraid Jay hasn’t been on here in quite some time (thus him being a ‘ guest anonymous’ user at this point). He always had some great photos…

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com