Road trip

Has anyone used Ireland engineering to rebuild engine ?

57 posts / 5305 viewsLast Reply

Have you used Ireland engineering to rebuild your engine ?

im courious about experiences with

irelands engine builds. I’m talking to them now about a engine they have for sale.

If it's a fair price, I'd say you couldn't go wrong. They're pretty well respected as a performance 02 shop/supplier.

My motor is chocked full of Ireland-sourced parts, and I built it myself (first full motor build ever) and she's an absolute reliable ripper. 

I'm sure with more experienced hands at the wrenches who've done a few more of these motors than me and gone through R&D on allot of M10's to develop their product... you're in a good place to buy from 'em. 

• Like 1

I’ve known Jeff for a very long time, and I have seen many of their engines run. They have quality in their craftsmanship and builds. In addition their customer service is well known.
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll second Shnellvintage's opinion.  I'e been dealing with Ireland Engineering, and Jeff in particular, for going on 20 years now.  I trust him, and would have no qualms buying an engine from him.

I like everything they sell and Jeff sounds like a great guy.

i didn’t see engines listed on their site

this engine will be the power plant for 

my 1968 Bmw 1600 restore

We don't normally sell complete engines.  We just happen to have put this one together as a fill in job because we had a nice set of 9.5 to 1 pistons.

• Like 1

Jeff with your reputation and excellent service this might be an opportunity to join the ranks of Korman and Metric Mechanic.  

A lot of my car is already Ireland Engineered. ( if I used all your stickers I would not be able to see out of my windows) I wouldn’t think twice about ordering one or having an engine rebuilt by you. 

Expansion opportunity?

• Like 2

I am down for Ireland to Build me ( begging )an engine next year. I have seen his cars at VARA events since the mid 90'S. Top Shelf company.

10 hours ago, Road trip said:

Have you used Ireland engineering to rebuild your engine ?

im courious about experiences with

irelands engine builds. I’m talking to them now about a engine they have for sale.

This one?  http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/item/tiilb.html

I believe I saw that engine loaded on their stand; lots of new parts, seems like a good deal. (I know I couldn’t build one for that cost.)

4 hours ago, jireland2002 said:

We don't normally sell complete engines.  We just happen to have put this one together as a fill in job because we had a nice set of 9.5 to 1 pistons.

It sounds like Jeff knows the focus of his business (smiley face).

(Jeff’s kind enough to sometimes point folks in our direction, for which I thank him for (we use many of his parts in our builds) ... and yeah, this is a semi-shameless self-promotion).

Friday fotos: Today I’m CC’ing cylinder head combustion chambers to dial-in custom piston specs. -KB

BE83A3C6-8212-4309-BCAB-3FB9D6BC07CD.thumb.jpeg.68e2f1dc259a2fd628a54ece5d6bd410.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jireland2002 said:

And I’m glad you do

i can’t wait for your engine

I have looked at the one on Jeff’s site more than once. I have run out of things to buy from his website apart from the bits inside the motor.

I too love the service I get from the folks at Ireland. Jeorge is my go to guy and has helped me a lot.

Being in sales for 35 years it still astonishes me that companies don’t get customer service.

It is clear that the folks you talk to have been empowered and always make sure you are taken care of. That is why they have at least $6-$7k of my money and I am happy for it.

People never want to be sold something, but they love to buy.

• Like 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, Road trip said:

And I’m glad you do

i can’t wait for your engine

I just gave your engine it's final valve adjustment before it gets boxed on the pallet. As you can see, It's chock full of goodness. Jorge took a short video of it running on the stand. Purrs. I wish you many happy trails.

*To answer your question, yes I would use an engine that was built at Ireland Engineering. 💪

IMG_1395.JPG

Edited by BuzzBomb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

No.

3 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

It sounds like Jeff knows the focus of his business (smiley face).

(Jeff’s kind enough to sometimes point folks in our direction, for which I thank him for (we use many of his parts in our builds) ... and yeah, this is a semi-shameless self-promotion).

Strange thing to say. Are you threatened somehow by the thought of Jeff offering complete engines to customers? I don't remember hearing of any non-compete clause between you two. 

Honestly, self promotion in a thread to ask about someone else's engine builds is kind of douchy. Yes, I saw your Facebook post a while back where you patted yourself on the back because I built an engine stand at Jeff's request, claiming it as a knock-off of one you built. Don't flatter yourself. We wanted to build one long before I saw a picture of yours. I considered many photos of run stands, then build a better one (than yours). 

Anyway, if we want to build a quality engine for someone, we (I) will, and I don't have to ask your permission. The only reason why we don't promote it is because Jeff doesn't want to hurt your feelings. He's too nice sometimes.

Hugs!

• Like 1