• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bmw truck? looks like airstream?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

my dad sent me an email in which he purports to have seen some kind of BMW truck in New Hampshire that "looked kinda like an airstream trailer".

anyone have any idea what he's talking about? or should I start him on his senility medications?

Guest Anonymous

I worked for an RV dealership in California when the Vixen first came out. In fast, the guy I worked for bought the first ones ready to sell. Only catch was, we had to sell them as used because they didn't come close to California emmisions. They were fun, inovative, slow as hell and hard to work on...if you could find a mechanic that would even attempt it. It came with a warranty but the dealer didn't recognize it. I even sent my folks to Michigan to pick up a couple and drive them back out. To quote my Dad...."You can pick your noce in them due to all the staring!"

The later with the Buick 3800 V6 was marginally better by the price went up to ablut $50k, and no room (or need) for negotiation.

Guest Anonymous

TD SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE

BMW 2.4 liter, 6 cylinder tubo diesel 115 hp @ 48000rpm

TRANSMISSION

5-speed manual overdrive transaxle

SUSPENSION

4-Wheel independent coil spring

STEERING

Recirculating ball, hydraulic-assisted power steering

ELECTRICAL

12 Volt maintenance free auto battery, Two 12 volt deep-cycle house batteries, high-rise 120 amp alternator, 110 volt shore power connection

WATER HEATER

Diesel fueled Webasto System

BRAKES

Front disc, rear drum power assisted

WHEELS

6.0”x 15”

TIRES

235/75R15 Goodyear Vector Radials

Cruising Range

722 miles